Rain Gear

pmkvt14

FNG
Kind of torn on what rain gear to replace my old LLbean gore tex rain pants. I like gore tex technology so the sitka dew point pant is on my radar. I also like hunting solids for my bottoms, i am really not a fan of the subalpine so the dew point is really all i would look at. the factors im really weighing are, waterproofness, durability, breathability, quitness and packability really in that order of priority. I would hate to spend 300+ on pants that tear or shred with one week of bushwacking. I always wear OR-Pro gators so that helps with durability.

I am also looking at SG m5 rain pant, canis Nunavut, rab latok pants , eberlestock seven devils, black ovis hailstone, born primitive mission flex, or forloh all clima 3L.

Any experience of any of these pants would be greatly appreciated.

stephane

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Black Diamond Stormline Stretch pants and jacket, and I like them a lot. Good waterproofness and they have a little stretch to them which is nice when hiking in them.

Kind of torn on what rain gear to replace my old LLbean gore tex rain pants. I like gore tex technology so the sitka dew point pant is on my radar. I also like hunting solids for my bottoms, i am really not a fan of the subalpine so the dew point is really all i would look at. the factors im really weighing are, waterproofness, durability, breathability, quitness and packability really in that order of priority. I would hate to spend 300+ on pants that tear or shred with one week of bushwacking. I always wear OR-Pro gators so that helps with durability.

I am also looking at SG m5 rain pant, canis Nunavut, rab latok pants , eberlestock seven devils, black ovis hailstone, born primitive mission flex, or forloh all clima 3L.

Any experience of any of these pants would be greatly appreciated.
I would suggest adding kuiu to your list, they make the best rain gear for the money (as well as at any price point) if longevity is high on your criteria

The dew point isn’t terrible but certainly better gear for the price unless you get a steep discount

The only wildcard in my opinion is first lite omen, I have tried everything else that interests me and always circle back to kuiu, I don’t buy much from them, but their gaiters and rain gear are the only ones I get any life out of

Chugach if you don’t need bomb proof and packable, if you want tough, kutana or Yukon

Fozzy26

Lil-Rokslider
I would definitely like to hear peoples input on this also. I am looking into a new set, or at least a new jacket, and am really interested in the born primitive mission flex, but haven't seen or heard much feedback from people who have had their hands on them

I’ve worn the M5 at the range in a torrential downpour for a few hours and it performed great. The fit is great for me, the pants do run a bit long though.

I also have the dew point set and haven't had any issues. This is lighter weight and more packable than the m5.

If i was busting brush and living in rain gear Id go with the m5 but if a light packable option for the occasional storm was priority, the dew point would get the nod.

OP
P

pmkvt14

FNG
went with the new Stone Glacier M5 rain pant. Waterproofness @31,000mm/Breathability @27,600g/m2/24hr has to be an industry top. and it has a brushed face.