Rain gear or puffy??

Wildgame

FNG
It must be horrible to walk around with a Wet puffy!. ...Like Remi Warren says.."must keep the puffy dry at all cost"

Like the rest said, I would get a Merino wool top and bottom layer, a waterproof jacket you can remove after it rains and maybe a cheap pair of rain pants...Remove your pants before you wear the rain pants if it is not to cold. When the rain stops put your pants back on...that way you keep the pants dry.
Look into the grain of the Merino Layer..they come in different thicknesses.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here’s some budget ideas for ya. Puffy top can be found on the cheap, puffy bottoms not so much. One exception if it’s still available is a down pant on Amazon, mine are pretty warm but no leg zips. Insulated ski or snowboard pants can serve as a shell (for snow) and warmth. Boulder Gear is your value brand here, I have a pair with thigh vents that normally only come on the high end brands.

Rain gear. Look at the outdoor research Apollo line. Pants are full leg zip, jacket has pit zips. It’s a standard non stretch nylon 2.5 layer material but will serve most peoples needs. Probably get the set on sale for $150ish.