Rab microlight alpine puffy $85

Felton

WKR
Reading the reviews it appears that it’s miss labeled as a women’s jacket, but it’s actually a men’s. So I gave it a try.

I purchased a large. I’m 5’8 210lbs let’s call it an athletic dad bod. My chest is 41.5 inches. Fit is good. I wouldn’t recommend it for anyone too much larger than me. Well Taller would be ok but not much wider.

Last edited:
OP
Felton

Felton

WKR
I live in south ga and I just received it in the mail today. I put it on and instantly started burning up… it was also in the upper 60s.

It feels pretty warm to me but really have no valuable information. It has ~5 oz of 750 down. You could cross reference that to other puffys.

Last edited:
I have the he/him model and it’s fantastic. Waterproof down. 30d outer shell. My favorite hunting jacket. Given that is $299 normally, it’s a damn good deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rab makes some of the best gear..people take that stuff to Everest. Great deal..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReinsuranceShooter

Lil-Rokslider
I have the exact same jacket in large. It fits similar to an jetstream in terms of size - definitely “athletic fit”. I am 5’11” 210 - 35” waist 45 chest. Arm pockets ride a bit higher than I care for but easily get past it after 2-3 mins of wear. Nice coat but if I were any bigger a large would be too small.

My wife informed me some time back it is a “womens” coat based on the side the zipper zips up from - beats the heck out of me, never had to verify man card status by showing how my coat zipper attaches. So I think it is safe.

I have the exact same jacket in large. It fits similar to an jetstream in terms of size - definitely “athletic fit”. I am 5’11” 210 - 35” waist 45 chest. Arm pockets ride a bit higher than I care for but easily get past it after 2-3 mins of wear. Nice coat but if I were any bigger a large would be too small.

My wife informed me some time back it is a “womens” coat based on the side the zipper zips up from - beats the heck out of me, never had to verify man card status by showing how my coat zipper attaches. So I think it is safe.
The zipper is on that size because RAB is a European Company. I have one of their heavier down jackets and I would say it is much nicer than both FL and SG that I've looked at. This is a great buy

Last edited:
OP
Felton

Felton

WKR
The zipper is on that size because RAB is a European Company. I have one of their heavier down jackets and I would say it is much nicer than both FL and SG that I've looked at. This is a great buy

Thats what I was thinking but have nothing base my opinion on.

The only worry I had with it being a “women’s jacket” was fit. I’d imagine a large women’s jacket would have a bigger bust and smaller waist than a large men’s.

UP NORTH

WKR
I ordered one to give it a shot. Hopefully the one they send me is a men's.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Felton

Felton

WKR
I’m sure you’ll be happy.

Looks like you got the last one!

IdahoHntr

WKR
Got here too late, they are sold out. I already have one, but would have bought another for that price. It’s a great jacket.

I’ve had mine for a couple years and wear it close to half the year between hunting and winter. It’s held up extremely well and is nice and toasty. In comparing it with several hunting clothing company puffy jackets, this one is just as good, if not better. Especially for the price you can get it for at times.

Like was said, the zipper is on the other side because it’s a European company. I’d gladly use a womens jacket if it was this good though 😂

OP
Felton

Felton

WKR
Looks like the XL is in stock… it cost a little mire but still worth the price.

txtransplant

Lil-Rokslider
Received the large today. Thoroughly impressed. Great deal.

Edit to clarify, for anyone wondering: this is definitely not womens. The zipper is on the “wrong” side, which is likely why it’s mislabeled on the website, but the fit and cut is mens.

Last edited:

ReinsuranceShooter

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered one as I shared above I liked my original. Figured if it fit different the Mrs would get it. Low and behold - same exact coat at steep discount. Thank you OP.

sneaky

"DADDY"
European jackets have zipper sliders on the left side. Has nothing to do with men's or women's. Heck, after you get the zipper started it doesn't matter anyways.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Heath423

Lil-Rokslider
Missed my chance on this the other day. I got pulled away for due to other things. Came back and then Out of Stock. Missed a good opportunity. Been looking hard for a good mid layer vest with deep discount.