Quiet Hunting Vest for Early Season & Layering?

Bought a Sitka Jetstream a few years ago. Had to go 3x for fit and since then lost weight. Looking for a new vest.

The Jetstream was ok, but it was disappointingly loud. I usually use a vest for SEP archery, but want it fitted a little more to go under jackets later. I like DWR though obviously a vest ain't going to be waterproof.

I also prefer lightweight, though I'm not looking for a puffy. No hood needed, though I'd consider one.

Mostly want it quiet lightweight, warm for weight, with a DWR coat and an athletic cut a plus (at least not super baggy. I usual tuck it on wearing my pack.

Suggestions?

LCsmith

Lil-Rokslider
Mountain vest may work, no insulation though. I had the Kuiu guide vest and I wouldn't call it quiet - typical soft shell sound/feel.

Hondo

WKR
In my experience the Sitka Jetstream & Kuiu Guide vest are both a bit noisy for archery. The only softshell I have found to be quiet enough for archery is the First Lite Catalyst. It is quiet, has a snug but comfortable cut and a DWR treatment. It is not, however, near as windproof as the Jetstream or Guide vests.

The Sitka Mountain Vest as mentioned might work for you. It is very thin, quiet and has DWR. It just blocks wind and light rain. No insulation.

The Kuiu Peloton 240 vest is another option. It is very quiet and the warmth to weight factor is high. It has no actual wind barrier but the bonded fleece provides some wind resistance. It won't work as well as the softshell vests with DWR for shedding rain but it does dry very quick.

Anything that's fleece is as quiet as you can get. I swear by the stuff. It works great. Warm, rain resistent, dries quick.

Check out the cabelas soft shell vest. They make one with a fleece layering inside and out that's windproof and is super quiet. If I remember it's $50. I think I picked mine up one marketplace for $40 shipped. I actually sold a jet stream to try it out and can't be happier.

WCB

WKR
I have the Kuiu Peloton and not sure you could register noise off it. Other than that I'd look at something like a Filson Fleece vest or any fleece vest in general.

2531usmc

WKR
The Sitka Stratus vest is exactly what you are looking for. It was made for bowhunting

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
I have bought and sold countless vests. It seems that if they are not insulated in some way they just aren't that versatile. My vote here is the KUIU Kenai