Questions about quilt

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I did. I found it to be terrible. I ended up getting a nemo tensor, which I really like. Pretty quiet but also very comfortable as it is thicker.

I guess the new xterm is supposed alot more quiet tho, I have not tried it myself.

Just keep in mind you may be trading R value.

gostovp

WKR
Thanks for the info on this. I’m contemplating a quilt too. I have broader shoulders and chest and mummy bags are just too restrictive. I’m looking at a quilt for comfort not weight savings

___DAN___

Lil-Rokslider
Impressed with the revelation quilt 850 I just got from a member on here.

lintond

WKR
Im 6’1” 210# and I’ve used the long wide EE with an Xtherm Max. The square pad gives more surface area for me to wiggle. Also found the EE cords to be superior to the others I tried. You’ll need a good beanie since quilts don’t have hoods. I thought about trying one of the down hoods but have since gone back to a traditional bag.

Pillows are my nemesis so I’m not much help there. Still searching for that answer…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gostovp

WKR
Im 6’1” 210# and I’ve used the long wide EE with an Xtherm Max. The square pad gives more surface area for me to wiggle. Also found the EE cords to be superior to the others I tried. You’ll need a good beanie since quilts don’t have hoods. I thought about trying one of the down hoods but have since gone back to a traditional bag.

Pillows are my nemesis so I’m not much help there. Still searching for that answer…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m 5’9 235, do you find the EE wide to be wide enough?

Been running quilts exclusively for 7 years now in BC where it gets cold. Doesn’t matter what temp your quilt is rated for if you don’t have a warm pad. I only use the xtherm now after trying a few others. I’m 6’4 200lbs and run a long wide quilt and pad. Works well. I have an EE 50 degree apex and a UGQ bandit 10 degree down, I’ll run em both in colder late season temps. That 50 degree apex serves double duty as a glassing blanket and only weighs 14oz (don’t like puffy pants) I sleep like a tornado so sleeping bags don’t work for me