Questions About Leupold CDS Scope/System

Crusader

WKR
Hey guys. I've recently acquired a VX3i 3.5-10x40 scope. Will put it on a .308 rifle. First one of these scopes I've had and I've done a little research on them but wanted to check with those of you who use them to be sure I know what's going on. If I zero the scope right now with the non-CDS dial at 100 yards, then send the CDS dial to Leupold along with the information they require (I'll be using a chrony to try to get good velocity data), when they send me back the prepared CDS dial, will it start with the digit "1", not having a "0" on the dial?

Also, even though the reticle will not have changed/been adjusted after the zeroing at 100 with the original dial, when I receive the CDS dial back from Leupold I presume I should shoot at 100 yards to confirm that it is zeroed at that distance, and set the dial so that the "1" is at the witness mark?

Thanks in advance.

Can’t remember if it starts at zero or 1 (if you chose 100 for your zero), but yes, always check zero again with the same ammo to be sure. There are many factors that may necessitate a very slight adjustment in zero - different lot of same ammo, temp, etc.

sndmn11

WKR
It should have the zero range (100yds if that's what you tell them) and then up from there; 200, 300, etc.

If your scope's zero did not wander, just replace the old dial with the new dial.

Weldor

WKR
Yeap, super easy swap out. re-check zero and I like to confirm ranges on dial also.