Question: Sleeping Pad to bag attachment

UA_Blake

FNG
Questions is two fold. First, what is the technical reason not to attach a pad to your sleeping bag in some way? Given the fact that there are very few options out there I assume there has to be a reason. Second, does anyone have any suggestions for a sleeping bag with a pad sleeve or attachment system of some kind? I would prefer a high quality down bag. Most of the bags with this feature I have found come from Big Agnes which is great, just looking for more options. Open to DIY suggestions as well. This is not a quilt question, I have a quilt and gave it three seasons, it’s just not for me.

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
I know Klymit offers a sheet for their sleeping pads so you dont slip as much. I went with a bivy from Amazon. It took some searching to find one that wasn’t half a tent but I found the Aquaquest Pharaoh and it looks nice and simple. Unfortunately I got it for next year and it is way to hot to try to sleep with my bag, pad and bivy inside to see how well they stay together. The bivy was the only solution I could find that didn’t jeopardize the loft of the bag.

Lando

WKR
Questions is two fold. First, what is the technical reason not to attach a pad to your sleeping bag in some way? Given the fact that there are very few options out there I assume there has to be a reason. Second, does anyone have any suggestions for a sleeping bag with a pad sleeve or attachment system of some kind? I would prefer a high quality down bag. Most of the bags with this feature I have found come from Big Agnes which is great, just looking for more options. Open to DIY suggestions as well. This is not a quilt question, I have a quilt and gave it three seasons, it’s just not for me.
I have a buddy who sewed two lengths of a lightweight strap the width of his bag on the underside of his sleeping bag. It's never been a thing for me because i use a wider pad that I don't fall off of.

I hadn’t really used them until I got my Sierra Designs backcountry bed. It is a hybrid quilt/bag and has a sleeve that I have used quite a bit. I wonder why I didn’t do this sooner.

rcook10

WKR
I have been really happy with my big agnes stuff is there a reason you are looking for something else?

OP
UA_Blake

UA_Blake

FNG
Just wanting to see what options are out there. Like most here I’m a gear nut so I want to make a spreadsheet and stew over it for a few months before making a panicked purchase when I see one on sale 😂

atmat

WKR
The ZenBivy system uses a sheet with hood that attaches to your sleeping pad, and then a quilt that connects to the sheet/hood.

I’ve used a handful of sleeping bags over the years, and this is by far my preferred sleep system.

OP
UA_Blake

UA_Blake

FNG
The ZenBivy system uses a sheet with hood that attaches to your sleeping pad, and then a quilt that connects to the sheet/hood.

I’ve used a handful of sleeping bags over the years, and this is by far my preferred sleep system.
This is well timed, I was actually typing my card info into the Zenbivy site and clicking pay when I got this message!

atmat

WKR
This is well timed, I was actually typing my card info into the Zenbivy site and clicking pay when I got this message!
Haha probably not as well timed as 3 weeks ago when they were 30% off. But you’ll be happy. Go up a size on the quilt. I have an XL and it’s worth the weight.

Aggie07

FNG
I like the big agnes sleeping bags that have a sleeve or bottom connection to the air pads. These are nice because if you toss and turn, your legs wont get all twisted up in the sleeping bag.