Question on Tikke T3X extractor issue

ypmishra

FNG
have a Tikka TAC T3X A1 6.5CM. Some 400 rounds 6 months old. Amazing rifle and super happy with it.

I was shooting a factory round yesterday that went at 2560 FPS and the case did not extract. I saw that the spring and regaining pin fell off and the extractor was behind the vase. I pushed the case out with a cleaning rod and put the piece in and it fit.

It’s in warranty and Beretta approved to send back but will be gone for 6 weeks.

Are gurus on this forum able to see the pics and tell me if they have any advise.

1). Should I send it to Bereta anyways? 2). Should I find a local gunsmith ? 3). Does this happen? Do other people have extractor come out.

Appreciate help.IMG_2852.jpeg

OP
Y

ypmishra

FNG
have a Tikka TAC T3X A1 6.5CM. Some 400 rounds 6 months old. Amazing rifle and super happy with it.

I was shooting a factory round yesterday that went at 2560 FPS and the case did not extract. I saw that the spring and regaining pin fell off and the extractor was behind the vase. I pushed the case out with a cleaning rod and put the piece in and it fit.

It’s in warranty and Beretta approved to send back but will be gone for 6 weeks.

Are gurus on this forum able to see the pics and tell me if they have any advise.

1). Should I send it to Bereta anyways? 2). Should I find a local gunsmith ? 3). Does this happen? Do other people have extractor come out.

Appreciate help.View attachment 726564
More pictures

Attachments

• IMG_2835.jpeg
    IMG_2835.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2826.jpeg
    IMG_2826.jpeg
    235.3 KB · Views: 9

B23

WKR
I'm a Sako/Tikka fan they make some of the most accurate and even better they make some of the most consistently accurate factory rifles on the market, BUT, I am not a fan of their extractor design because there is nothing substantial holding them in place. If they were pinned like a M16 type, again just my opinion, they'd be a better and safer design.

I've never looked in to it before so maybe it's not an option but if anyone does a pinned M16 type extractor job on Tikka bolts I'd consider that before replacing the factory Sako type extractor. Just my 2 cents.