Question on Magnum primer from one brand to another brand

Luked

WKR
Just getting back into reloading some and have never reloaded for a Magnum caliber before.
Now that I have acquired 2 Model 70 in 300 WSM i would like to reload for it.

The question I have is do you all notice a huge difference from one primer brand to another if you have a load set for your rifle.
Hope that makes sense.

If for example i have a accurate load figured out with one brand of primer say a Remington. Will that accuracy possibly change with different brand of primer?

Just curious as I have quite a few 165 Nosler Accubond bullets and Noslers Reloading data shows to use a WLRM primer. I know its just what they used and to use it as a guide line to start with and work up loads etc.
But with the primers a bit hard to get I would prefer to stick to one primer. Planning on buying some soon and at this point this is the only Magnum I will probably ever need. So plan to buy 1000. Just unsure if one brand is better than the other.

Wrench

WKR
If you're not using ball powder you can likely get great results with a non magnum primer.

Primers are the micro tuning for SD in my experience. Choose them based on the SD and then work on crush to get into the weeds.

Typically it's not more than a 10ish fps difference ime....but can change consistency. I worry about charge and depth far before the primer issues.

wapitibob

WKR
I was using fed 215 and tried Winchester, which were small dia so I sold them. Tried CCI 250 and the groups were better at 600 so I'm still using them.