Q&A for SWFA SS 6x MQ Field Eval

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
Form, would you mind explaining the information you are writing on these scope bodies. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Form, would you mind explaining the information you are writing on these scope bodies. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s the information about the zero- which revolution the elevation and windage is on. As well generally zero offsets for different ammo.

ElPollo

WKR
Not mine, but it’s epoxy with sand mixed in.
Thanks. I remember Finn Aagaard doing that on some of his guns back in the day from his articles in National Rifleman. Finn was the real deal, and his guns were tools. I’ve always respected that. I was actually considering doing that on one of my stocks. It looks good. I had planned to sponge paint over it.

Dobermann

WKR
Thanks. I remember Finn Aagaard doing that on some of his guns back in the day from his articles in National Rifleman. Finn was the real deal, and his guns were tools. I’ve always respected that. I was actually considering doing that on one of my stocks. It looks good. I had planned to sponge paint over it.
Paint shops also sell tins of plastic or glass beads that you can mix in with paint for more texture.

My local shop gets it in in bulk, and then just decants to smaller paint tin sizes - so offered to give me a handful for free to try (I told them it was for experimenting with "model making", rather than freak them out about firearms) ... in the end, I didn't take them up on it, but even the small tins they had would be far too much for just a couple of guns.

ElPollo

WKR
My 6x mil-quad got switched to to Tikka 223 this spring. That gun just rode in a case in the bed of a truck for over 1400 miles across across 3 SW states, including a mix of highway, washboard, sand dunes, and rocky trails. We pulled it out several times during the trip and my wife and daughter both center punched targets everytime. The 6x is my favorite ugly duckling scope. It ain’t pretty or skinny, but it just works. If I could buy three or four more of them right now, I would. That would probably keep me set for my centerfire needs until I’m too old to carry the gun up the mountain.