Q&A for Leupold Mark 5 Field Evals

The general public I referenced might be a bit misleading. I was referring to the general high $ shooter that frequent this type of forum, shoot frequently and spend large amounts on shooting equipment - i.e the average shooter that spends Mark5 money . It's obviously not your average mom and pop 10 rounds a year VX-1 general public, but your average mom and pop isn't spending +$1000 on multiple scopes so that's not the target market anyway.

This forum has international reach (Im South African) and these tests are becoming very well known by schooters world wide. That's not an insignificant international market.

I dont know what sales Maven is getting on their new scope but the interest on the forum is clearly high enough for them to change their scope design from not very reliable to reliable. I imagine Trijicon interest has started to pick up since they changed their design and were shown to now be reliable.

That's 2 examples of companies changing their scopes to become more reliable just within the pages of this forum so the demand is clearly developing.

This is reassuring to hear this stuff is making it across the globe to South Africa. I dream of a day where reliability is standard across all companies and each person can pick a scope that suits them! Though I do believe if you can't find a scope that fits the bill between the new maven, NF, SWFA, Trijicon, and a few others, then you must be looking for something very specific.

ZAR EC

FNG
I use Nightforce ATACR, S&B PMII, Minox ZP5, SWFA, ZCO, March (testing out the ZCO's and March still before sticking with them) but I would very much like to use a Leupold MK5 too, if they held zero. They are a lovely optic to get behind and are well priced. I think a lot of people on this forum and beyond would buy them if they become more reliable.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
The general public I referenced might be a bit misleading. I was referring to the general high $ shooter that frequent this type of forum, shoot frequently and spend large amounts on shooting equipment - i.e the average shooter that spends Mark5 money . It's obviously not your average mom and pop 10 rounds a year VX-1 general public, but your average mom and pop isn't spending +$1000 on multiple scopes so that's not the target market anyway.

This forum has international reach (Im South African) and these tests are becoming very well known by schooters world wide. That's not an insignificant international market.

I dont know what sales Maven is getting on their new scope but the interest on the forum is clearly high enough for them to change their scope design from not very reliable to reliable. I imagine Trijicon interest has started to pick up since they changed their design and were shown to now be reliable.

That's 2 examples of companies changing their scopes to become more reliable just within the pages of this forum so the demand is clearly developing.

Understood. Yes, the single to noise ratio is getting better. And the more people push companies, the more that will start at least trying to work on it.

I use Nightforce ATACR, S&B PMII, Minox ZP5, SWFA, ZCO, March (testing out the ZCO's and March still before sticking with them) but I would very much like to use a Leupold MK5 too, if they held zero. They are a lovely optic to get behind and are well priced. I think a lot of people on this forum and beyond would buy them if they become more reliable.
Hopefully the Mark 4hd will pass the test. Fingers crossed!

TxLite

WKR
i already answered this in the other thread but had to play stay at home dad today. Going out his weekend and gonna drop mine. I’ll keep you all posted don’t you worry 😏
Where did you end up on this?

rlsmith1

FNG
I’ve got 2 Mark 5’s and a Mark 8, really like them both and have not had issues with their reliability / tracking