PSA--Yellowstone Closed!

wyosteve

WKR
Just a heads up for anyone who has plans to visit Yellowstone in the near future. As of 11:05 am today, ALL inbound traffic/roads are closed due to heavy rain, flooding and landslides. Opening is unknown and some roads may be closed for an extended period. Check the park website for updated info if you have plans in the next few weeks at least.

ewade07

WKR
The amount of water that is coming out right now is completely unheard of. Stillwater was at almost 20,000 cfs. Tom Miner bridge at the mouth of Yanky Jim washed out. Red Lodge has water running down main street. Absolutely insane.

TL406

Lil-Rokslider
It’s bad up here. Red Lodge is pretty much a disaster zone. Beartooth Highway is destroyed on the south end of Red Lodge. Stillwater drainage is in pretty bad shape. The Yellowstone is really big and probably going to get bigger.

Last edited:
We traveled up here from Arkansas. Had plans to be in Gardiner, MT at the North Entrance tonight but luckily the lady from the hotel called and told us what was going on. They are completely cut off, no way in or out. We re-routed down to Cody but it looks like we won’t make it into Yellowstone on this trip.

jbsmith1

FNG
We are supposed to be there in ten days, staying just outside the East entrance. At this point, assuming anything is ridiculous, but I am assuming we can adjust plans to visit the southern part of the park and spend more time in the Tetons. I am incredibly bummed to see this happen, as the northern loop and Absaroka-Beartooth areas were going to be the focus of our trip. That said, we are just visiting, and I truly hope all of you that live in the area are safe and getting the help that is needed. If it is needed, and allowed, maybe we can offer to help with cleanup of some sort while we are in the area.