PSA I was scammed

Matt5266

WKR
As the title states I had been saving up for a Garmin chronograph. Today one was posted by a lil rokslider with several posts so I thought I was safe. The username wabowman posted one for $400. Good deal but not stupid cheap that it raised red flags. I sent payment through paypal f&f as I normally do and never had a problem.

It was when other roksliders started messaging me that he was still trying to sell it to them because I had backed out for various reasons. They stated they wanted to buy it and was curious why I passed. I advised them all I had paid the $400 and that i was likey scammed and cautioned them to not proceed.

I dug through the members previous posts and found a phone number for him. I called and he had no idea what I was talking about so he had been hacked. I want to make it clear that I am not blaming the member, I do suspect his account has been compromised. Anyway unfortunately I paid f&f and lost $400..... guess I'll start saving again. Just wanted to let others know. Be careful out there and be cautious. I dont consider myself stupid and he got me. Can happen to anyone.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
How did you make contact with whoever you sent payment to?

OP
Matt5266

Matt5266

WKR
Directly through the member DMs wabowman. There was not any fishyness asking me to speak through different platforms or anything.

dtrkyman

WKR
No idea about a Chrono but PayPal won’t cover firearms or parts from what I’ve heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Run a claim through pay pal. It will be denied, at the same time submit a claim through CC company. If that is how you paid. It will take sometime and a few forms but the money will be credited back.

OP
Matt5266

Matt5266

WKR
Run a claim through pay pal. It will be denied, at the same time submit a claim through CC company. If that is how you paid. It will take sometime and a few forms but the money will be credited back.
PayPal told me nothing they could do since I paid friends and family. My paypal is set up to come from my bank account. I havnt been able to make it in yet to talk to them. But from what I gather I'm screwed.

OP
Matt5266

Matt5266

WKR
Side note, shootout to fngTony and the other moderators on here. I appreciate them looking out and doing their best to prevent this crap.

199p

Lil-Rokslider
Man that sucks

Alway have it connected to a cc aswel,

I have nothing connected to a bank account all dd etc to creditcard