Proud dad...like a boss!

Flyjunky

WKR
My daughter told me last weekend that she wanted to go out to the range and start learning to shoot. She's been out to the range with me before but she was never really interested in learning to shoot. She was content on looking through the spotter and calling hits for me.

We talked for a little bit about safety, prone position, trigger control, etc and she took it from there. The gun is an M&P 22lr and the short length of pull fit her perfect. I really liked how she would adjust the rear bag with her arm without getting out of her position....something I never told her to do. I need to take off the red dot and put a scope on it for her though.

I think I have a future shooter on my hands.

2muchhp

WKR
I got that warm and fuzzy feeling too this year when my daughter stated she was thinking of deer hunting this year. I did think what the !@#$% took you so long
..she's almost 30.

OP
Flyjunky

Flyjunky

WKR
I got that warm and fuzzy feeling too this year when my daughter stated she was thinking of deer hunting this year. I did think what the !@#$% took you so long
..she's almost 30.
She told me after she was done shooting that she'd like to go hunting. I'm going to start buying her points this year for some of our youth hunts...hopefully the fire in her is still burning.

She told me after she was done shooting that she'd like to go hunting. I'm going to start buying her points this year for some of our youth hunts...hopefully the fire in her is still burning.

With all the back and forth bitching in the General Forum thread regarding tag allocation, this is what has me irked.
The fact that you have to "buy points" for a youth hunt burns me. If there is one thing we should all agree with it is that resident youth should have priority. Not saying they should get the best tags, but they should be afforded the tags in the highest success units.

Hope you can get her a tag before the fire dies (actually hope the fire never dies).