Pro-tip: Searching the forums

This forum actually has a pretty competent search function. A lot of others don't. I wanted to pass on a tip about limiting your Google results to a specific site, which usually is much more powerful than that site's integrated search function.

If you prepend your search query with "site:" followed by the URL, Google will only provide results from that site. For example

Code:
site:rokslide.com what unit in Colorado is the best for elk hunting

Additionally, if you just Google:

Code:
site:rokslide.com

And bookmark the resulting page, then you can go to a Rokslide-specific Google prompt anytime you want to do this. The search bar will already be populated with

Code:
site:rokslide.com
ready for you to complete your query

You can do this with multiple sites as well by separting the URLs with "OR". For example:

Code:
site:rokslide.com OR site:longrangehunting.com can 6.5 Creedmoor kill an elk at 2 miles

This query can also be bookmarked as described above. I know folks get lambasted for not searching, and I think part of that is due to search functions not working all that well. The other half is laziness, and I can't help with that. Enjoy

Awesome tip! I use Google to search Rokslide all the time but I always just put "Rokslide" in the front of the query like a total noob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk