Private Party Supressor Sale

WRO

WKR
Has anyone ever sold a Supressor Private party? I’m thinking about selling one of mine when my new one ships and wonder how big of PIA it is.

wesfromky

WKR
In state is a paper form 4 with you as the seller. You have to maintain possession until the form clears unless it is in a trust that you can add the buyer too. Out of state needs a dealer in each state, so I believe that is a form 4 to the instate, form 3 to out of state, then form 4 to buyer.

OP
WRO

WRO

WKR
In state is a paper form 4 with you as the seller. You have to maintain possession until the form clears unless it is in a trust that you can add the buyer too. Out of state needs a dealer in each state, so I believe that is a form 4 to the instate, form 3 to out of state, then form 4 to buyer.
Would it be possible to transfer it to another dealer then Private party?

wesfromky

WKR
I believe so - but it would probably be more like you sell it to the dealer, do a form 4 and wait for it to clear. Then the dealer can sell it to someone else and do the form 4 paperwork. The issue is why would anyone do that for a used can, unless it was really discounted pretty heavily.

I put my cans in single shot trusts, just to make the possibility of selling them somewhat less of a pain. I can add the other person to that can's trust and they can have possession while waiting for the form 4 to clear.

The red tape kinda makes them buy for life sorta things, unless you are willing to take a pretty big hit on resale, and by then, you just sorta ask if it is better to just keep it around vs getting less than half what you paid back.

OP
WRO

WRO

WKR
I believe so - but it would probably be more like you sell it to the dealer, do a form 4 and wait for it to clear. Then the dealer can sell it to someone else and do the form 4 paperwork. The issue is why would anyone do that for a used can, unless it was really discounted pretty heavily.

I put my cans in single shot trusts, just to make the possibility of selling them somewhat less of a pain. I can add the other person to that can's trust and they can have possession while waiting for the form 4 to clear.

The red tape kinda makes them buy for life sorta things, unless you are willing to take a pretty big hit on resale, and by then, you just sorta ask if it is better to just keep it around vs getting less than half what you paid back.

I may just local sale it to an Idaho resident..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk