Private Elk Land

bb3134

FNG
Hi, looking to see if anybody has any decent private land available to lease for 1st elk rifle hunt in any of the following units: 11, 12, 13, 23, 24, 25, 26, 33, 34, 131, 211, 231. We don't need anything guided or lodging. If we can camp there great otherwise we can find a spot nearby too. Looking to stay under $10k total for a group of 4-6 hunters. This is not our first elk hunt by any means, we are always respectful and will treat your property as if it were our own. Let me know what you may have available!

Beendare

WKR
Could it be someone has not been following the trends for the cost of private land Elk Tags? Grin

The landowner tag I bought last year for $5,000, landowner reneged, jacked me last minute and left me hanging….we had a contract, a guy I’ve dealt with for years…who cares, sue me.

…he sold it out from under me for $7,000. And it wasn’t even a prime unit.

Be careful out there boys.

f16jack

WKR
Hi, looking to see if anybody has any decent private land available to lease for 1st elk rifle hunt in any of the following units: 11, 12, 13, 23, 24, 25, 26, 33, 34, 131, 211, 231. We don't need anything guided or lodging. If we can camp there great otherwise we can find a spot nearby too. Looking to stay under $10k total for a group of 4-6 hunters. This is not our first elk hunt by any means, we are always respectful and will treat your property as if it were our own. Let me know what you may have available!
I'm assuming this is Colorado? How would we know?

Brooks

WKR
Good luck. My neighbor is getting $12,000 per person for a guided elk hunt on his private. 5 days. Elk hunting is big bucks now days.

Geewhiz

WKR
Kinda seams like the guy is asking to pay a tresspass fee rather than an all inclusive guided hunt. But yeah man, its getting to the point that its either a large sum of money or a huge amount of effort to consistently kill.

87TT

WKR
Checked it out as was interested. $950 for the license and must have a guide that is not supplied by the Rez. Lot of rules to follow too. Draw any blood and you are done whether you recover or not. Not sure what the guides charge and the hunts are draw hunts.

11boo

WKR
Checked it out as was interested. $950 for the license and must have a guide that is not supplied by the Rez. Lot of rules to follow too. Draw any blood and you are done whether you recover or not. Not sure what the guides charge and the hunts are draw hunts.
I’m sure there are better deals out there. Go find em and report back.
Bound to be some in ID.
Of course they are draws, only a couple weeks to go.