Prince of Wales or Ketchikan taxidermist?

dmdude

I have a diy black bear hunt on POW this fall. IF I'm successful, does anyone have a good local recommendation on good and reliable taxidermist(s)? I've read some nightmare stories and also want to get the same hide back, not someone else's. I would like to support local and have it done there vs shipping somewhere, ideally.

Mykolaivka887

Well Known Rokslider
Can't help you with the Panhandle, but can say that Alaskan taxidermists tend to be on the up and up, overall.

357magag

Well Known Rokslider
It's best to bring hide and skull back with you.
And have mounted at your local taxidermist.
We have frozen cape and skull then Put in cooler or Tupperware with dry ice the day we fly home.

OP
D

dmdude

I live in Hawaii and don't know anyone here I'd want to do a bear. Any solid taxis I could mail it to that does a solid job and not a year plus turn around?

Mykolaivka887

Well Known Rokslider
I live in Hawaii and don't know anyone here I'd want to do a bear. Any solid taxis I could mail it to that does a solid job and not a year plus turn around?

There's a guy in Anchorage that's been around a very long time and whovhas a solid reputation as a taxidermist and trophy handler. If you want to send a PM to me, I'll give you his cell phone number.