Prime Revex 4 and wind deflection... or lack of

cuttingedge

Lil-Rokslider
Hi all. I have the new Prime Revex 4. I'll start by saying I love these bows. Prime has made vast improvements with the new Core cam. It is pretty east to draw, has a liberal valley, is quiet and fast.

I live in Colorado and it seems to always be windy at the archery range. I have noticed that this bow seems to be the least affected, meaning pushed around by the wind of any bow in my memory. It must be the style of the cut-outs and the angled design of the face and back of the riser. To me this is a big advantage. The grip is also in the center of the bow, which kinda goes against the norm of today's bows. It does improve the natural balance of the bow at full draw. I'll include pics of my bows if someone wants to see them

20230323_172441.jpg20230309_145823.jpg

Beendare

WKR
IME, its not as much the bow but your quiver attached full of arrows that catches the wind.

Guys make so much of this in arrow builds, etc….when just practicing in a cross wind is key.

OP
C

cuttingedge

Lil-Rokslider
IME, its not as much the bow but your quiver attached full of arrows that catches the wind.

Guys make so much of this in arrow builds, etc….when just practicing in a cross wind is key.
That's a good point. I am considering going with a 3 arrow quiver this fall for less overall weight and size

That's a good point. I am considering going with a 3 arrow quiver this fall for less overall weight and size
Wish I could go that route. My O.C.D. would never allow me to. I would obsess that "what if I miss four times."
I wish my seven arrow Tight Spot quivers didn't bunch my fletchings up so bad as I would absolutely carry seven.