Prime Black 1, 2, 3

Black 3 at minimum. I would really recommend the Black 5 or 9. At your height and your draw you need a longer ATA bow to keep your head more level at full draw. That way you aren't leaning your head down so your nose touches the string. Just my .02

I like what they did with the cam. Having to stock so many cams for varying draw length is a big PIA. Im also interested to see how the new split yoke affects the tuning process. Hopefully it'll eliminate the need to mess with the cable rollers so much.

Will see when I shoot one, but I am thinking it will be time to make the centergy a back up bow...

I am 6’1” with a 29” draw, I like the 33”ATA, but 35” is comfortable too, in your shoes I’d be in the 35” bow I imagine.

Last edited:
I hear ya. I'm pretty stoked to shoot one. Not going to lie, I bought my first bow at 33 years old last year and have been shooting at least 3 times a week every week since. It is a used '18 Hoyt Powermax. 🤢
I've kind of grown up a bit since then and want to travel away from Hoyt. And the Powermax is only a 31" ATA and 30" DL....a new bow that actually fits me is much needed. Shooting over 70# with heavier arrows...yessir...
One of the best years of my life. Only regret is not picking up a bow sooner!

I'm 6' 0" with 28.5" draw and definetly prefer 34"+ ATA bows. So far this year the Black 5 is the only new bow that holds any interest for me. With your draw length being in the 30"+ range you might even want to keep an eye out on the used market for a 2017 or older Xpedition Perfexion with the cam for longer draws.

I like what they did with the cam. Having to stock so many cams for varying draw length is a big PIA. Im also interested to see how the new split yoke affects the tuning process. Hopefully it'll eliminate the need to mess with the cable rollers so much.
+1
e.png

Deal breakers with prime for me have been that they are noisy and the draw length specific cams. Wonder if they still vibe and buzz like the others?

I loved my Rival LD, but even though I could get it to about 31.4" it wasn't long enough for me. It really sucks they didn't make the 5 able to go to 32" DL. Big let down for me as I'd like the opportunity to shoot another Prime bow.

I'll keep shooting my Evolve 35 and see what Mathews comes out with this yr.

I've been shooting my two Centergy's for the past two years, love them. I'm really interested in the Black 5. I feel I shoot my Centergy Hybrid a little better than my Centergy (35" vs 33"). I did shoot the PSE pro line today, which I'm kinda interested in. But I'll probably still try to pick up a Black 5.

I’m 6.5 and had a LD Powermax. Took a few animals with it but string angle was horrid. So time for upgrade and tried everything in 34-36” range. They did feel better but meh... kinda disappointed... Then I tried a few longer target bows, better, closer, warmer. Settled on a 80# CT9, same specs as Black 9. I absolutely noticed a difference, it actually fit, and my accuracy improved considerably.

I did notice more vibration and noise with all the longer ata bows and yeah the CT9. Did the mule deer I took at 25yrds this year? No. Had no clue I was there or was hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back