Presses

6.5Express

Lil-Rokslider
Been reloading for about 20 years on an RCBS Rockchucker and getting the itch to buy a forster co-ax. What other presses should i be considering?

I was in the same boat maybe 2 years ago. About 10-14 years in RCBS and got a co-ax. Love it.

Also bought a Dillon 550 a month or so later. Use that for production/pistol and co-ax for load development or my hunting cartridges.

Also contemplated the Redding T-7, guys seem to like those too. Here’s a good write up on a few options. Good luck.

Axlrod

WKR
I have about 30 years on a Rock Chucker, and 10 years on a CO-AX. I like both, but the Forster gets the most use. I seat bullets with a K&M arbor press for some cartridges.

Just...curious

Why do you folks want a co-ax when you have a Rock Chucker?
Not having to swap shell holders or fiddle with dies every time you change cartridges is enough of an advantage for me. The co ax supposedly seats better (little runout) but I’ve never measured it.

eoperator

WKR
Been reloading for about 20 years on an RCBS Rockchucker and getting the itch to buy a forster co-ax. What other presses should i be considering?
We must think alot alike, I've been loading on an old chucker for 20yrs. Ended up buying a coax and a t7. Coax is so nice without shell holders and just slipping dies in and out, sold the t7. Make sure to keep rockchucker for decappping to keep coax clean.

B23

WKR
If you're considering getting a Forster Co-Ax or you already have one and haven't done so yet do yourself a favor and get the short handle for it. I like using the Co-Ax press but found the long handle they come with to be awkward and annoying. It wasn't until I put the short handle on that I started liking it.

Also, and this goes for just about any and all reloading presses, invest in a InLine Fabrication mount. I have them for three of my presses, two Redding and one Co-Ax, and wouldn't ever want to use a press without a InLine Fab. mount. InLine makes some great, very useful, quality made products.

OP

6.5Express

Lil-Rokslider
I just wanted to make sure there wasnt something else out there i was missing. When i get one, it will definitely go on my inline fabrication mount too. Thank you all for the reassurance.

I was planning on getting a T7 but you guys about got me talked into a coax.

So once you set your dies you don't ever have to mess with them again?
Thats what appeals to me with the to is i only load for a couple calibers and just don't ever want to mess with the dies again.

I must be doing something wrong with my Rock Chucker, cause I’m not fiddling with my dies near as much as it sounds like some of y’all are. 🤷‍♂️
Then you just probably are not making as good of ammo as you could be.
Unless you have some seriously calibrated for torque hands the dies won't be re installed exactly every time. When measuring seating depth to the .001 it makes a difference.

I'm not trying to just make ammo. I want to make the most repeatable ammo I can.

Does it actually make a difference. Alot of people say no way. But it does in my head.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Then you just probably are not making as good of ammo as you could be.
Unless you have some seriously calibrated for torque hands the dies won't be re installed exactly every time. When measuring seating depth to the .001 it makes a difference.

I'm not trying to just make ammo. I want to make the most repeatable ammo I can.

Does it actually make a difference. Alot of people say no way. But it does in my head.

I don’t know. My measurements are within specs. Heck, you’ll notice more difference in the bullets than that. If your load is that is dependent on that .001 of an inch, then that load is too finicky anyway.

Ram94

WKR
I use the Hornady Lock N Load bushings in a Rockchucker press. Set the die’s up once, and leave them alone.