prepare for backcountry

lamarclark09

Lil-Rokslider
The two things that you’ll be able to do easily and it will also help you a lot are obviously running and doing some weight training. By incorporating these two simultaneously I’m sure it will help you.

chas

Lil-Rokslider
I do jiu jitsu during the week mixed with mma and striking classes. Next month, I'll break out the pack and start hiking. I should have pretty decent cardio by Sept. Although, the altitude will get me because I am in Ohio.
The same, BJJ and rucking does it for me. Lift a little for ego

state637

WKR
I'm hitting crossfit workouts 5 days a week which also doubles as mental prep too. Eventually I'll add in more running and hikes both weighted and unweighted. I'm running a trail marathon at the end of August and that is about a week before I take off for elk camp. During that week before I leave I'll continue to workout however I will cut back on the intensity. Of course I'm also shooting my bow as often as possible.

bozeman

WKR
@state637 - a trail marathon a week before leaving? any way you can run another one instead about 3 weeks before? tight window for risk of injury and recovery time....just a thought.....

state637

WKR
@state637 - a trail marathon a week before leaving? any way you can run another one instead about 3 weeks before? tight window for risk of injury and recovery time....just a thought.....
Yeah it was definitely a concern when I committed to it last year. Running with a group of friends so I will just be extra cautious while out there. No land speed records will be broken by me LOL.