Preference points sold for profit?

Would you sell your points for profit if it was legal?

• Total voters

Azone

WKR
Winter time boredom has gotten ahold of me.
Would you sell your points off to the highest bidder if it were legal?

tdhanses

WKR
So could you buy points from 100 people that only have 1 pt and build your bank? Can you only buy points from one person or only sell your points all or nothing to a single individual?

If it was legal no way would I sell but I’d definitely buy and consider it similar to a stock/investment.

OP
Azone

Azone

WKR
So could you buy points from 100 people that only have 1 pt and build your bank? Can you only buy points from one person or only sell your points all or nothing to a single individual?

If it was legal no way would I sell but I’d definitely buy and consider it similar to a stock/investment.
Sky’s the limit. Buy or sell from 100 different people. Sell one point to a person, or sell all points to that person. 100, 200 dollars for deer and elk, maybe 400 plus for sheep? I really don’t know what a preference point on the open market would be valued at.

highside74

Lil-Rokslider
I know 400 people I could just have them buy points and just give them to me for the cost of the point. 15 years of a good customer base has its advantages. Fun to think about I guess

Ten Bears

WKR
I wish there was a multi state exchange site where people could buy/sell/trade points. States could charge a transaction fee to get theirs.

I would gladly trade some of my mule deer point in some states for elk in another, etc.

Maybe it would help clear out some points. Or at the very least be entertaining…and maybe get something back for a bunch of points I bought that will most likely never catch up to creep.

I'd buy points if they're adorable; but I guarantee they wouldn't be. I would NEVER sell points, but kids on the other hand....

But really, ideas like these scare me about how much the income impacts agencies. I get it to a point, but be careful what you wish for

OP
Azone

Azone

WKR
Why not just sell tags to the highest bidder this is exactly the same concept.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Some of us are never gonna catch up with point creep and be able to draw, unless luck really goes our way. Good point on selling tags you’ve drawn. Landowners get to sell tags/vouchers.

robtattoo

WKR
In a heartbeat.
And if you could get this legalized before next year before my 12 Wyoming Moose points go away, I'd really appreciate it! 😘

hiker270

WKR
Yes I have points in some states and I'll never get enough to hunt, plus some states you lose your points.

I’d buy em… don’t know who said it famously years ago but I hate to see that hunting is becoming a rich man’s sport. I am personally happy to outbid someone for extra opportunities but as hunting gets out of reach for some in the masses that means less hunters. Less hunters means an easier pathway for anti hunters. It’s what they want.

MtnMuley

WKR
Most complain of point creep and how hard it is getting tags these days. If you could buy points, wouldn't that have any smart non hunting invester-minded person buying points in every state and selling every year for more cents on the dollar then they could with other investments anywhere else in this unstable market? Talk about point creep after that.........

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
Start reselling points and Ticketmaster or scalpers will be the only place to buy tags.

I think I'd sell in certain situations. I've got a bunch of bear points in WI, but may end up hunting a unit that only requires a few. I'd love to sell the extras rather than burning.

Last edited:
I have a hand full of moose and sheep points in a couple states I would gladly sell. If you can figure out a way to make sure the states get their cut, they would probably be all over it.

Most complain of point creep and how hard it is getting tags these days. If you could buy points, wouldn't that have any smart non hunting invester-minded person buying points in every state and selling every year for more cents on the dollar then they could with other investments anywhere else in this unstable market? Talk about point creep after that.........

Exactly. Each state's draw would have hundreds of thousands of people flood in to buy points. It would be a horrible thing for the average hunter, but great for the loaded guys.