prAna Stretch Zion Pants @ S&S Archery

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Roksliders!

We finally got them in stock. The Stretch Zion pants from prAna. Don't let the yoga brand fool you, these are some of the toughest most versatile pants on the market. They are made for rock climbers, so they are tough, and as flexible as you are. AND they are half the cost of most hunting pants out there.

Look for Steve Speck to do a review soon.

Check them out here and let me know if you have any questions.

https://www.sandsarchery.com/prana-stretch-zion-pants-p/pranastretchzionpants.htm

rob

Thinner than the kuiu attacks. similar feel. but a little more relaxed cut. they stretch about the same.

OP
S&S Archery (Rob)

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thinner than the kuiu attacks. similar feel. but a little more relaxed cut. they stretch about the same.

Exactly..Thanks Chucklehead! They are nylon so they are going to be a little bit more durable than the poly attack pants. i have all three, the prAna's, the corrugates and the attack pants. The corrugates are my favorites, but the prana's are a very close second. Especially with the lower pricetag. I use the Fusion Corrugates for hunting, but for scouting and training i wear my prana's. I think they breath the best and dry faster than the other two. And i can wear them around town without embarrassing the wife.

Size wise they are very true to size.

Thats my take..

Does anyone know how the size fit in the waist is compared to Kuhl Renegades.

I wore Zion's yesterday and have Renegades on today.
5'10" 210lbs 34" waist
I ordered M Prana Zion's with a 30" inseam and wear 34x32 in the Renegades.
The Renegades are more loose through the thigh and fit a little less snug at the waist. Zion's are a tad tight in the thigh and fit great at the waist. Zion's are WAYYYY quieter (swish) than the Renegades but they are both great pants. Zion has my vote over the Renegade though.

I wore Zion's yesterday and have Renegades on today.
5'10" 210lbs 34" waist
I ordered M Prana Zion's with a 30" inseam and wear 34x32 in the Renegades.
The Renegades are more loose through the thigh and fit a little less snug at the waist. Zion's are a tad tight in the thigh and fit great at the waist. Zion's are WAYYYY quieter (swish) than the Renegades but they are both great pants. Zion has my vote over the Renegade though.

I would mostly agree with the above statement. However I don't notice the the zions being tight at the thigh. Just remember that no two guys are the same.
+1000 on the zions being quieter. Very noticeable in my opinion. Plus I like how the zions just have a standard button/zipper fly. The Kuhls have a button snap system that I really don't care for.
I'm a big fan of the zions. Can't recommend them enough.

OP
S&S Archery (Rob)

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I would buy some of you sold 32" inseams. I am not tall enough to rock a 34".

We had to get the most common inseam for this first order. We'll see how well they sell before we get more sizes. I will say that i am wearing the 34's and they are just fine on me, and will be perfect for hunting. My old prana's are 32. I'm 5'10". if that helps

I would mostly agree with the above statement. However I don't notice the the zions being tight at the thigh. Just remember that no two guys are the same.
+1000 on the zions being quieter. Very noticeable in my opinion. Plus I like how the zions just have a standard button/zipper fly. The Kuhls have a button snap system that I really don't care for.
I'm a big fan of the zions. Can't recommend them enough.

I have tree trunk thighs so I have problems with pants fitting too tight throughout the thigh. I'm sure they would be fine on a normal person.

I like the pocket configuration better on the renegades though. The side rectangular pockets come in handy.

Muttley

FNG
Favorite pants I've ever had. I've been using them for just about everything for the last three years. Only time ever over 'damaged' them was when the metal lace loop on my boots caught a boulder, and they stretched so far that the hole is less then half the width of the loop (maybe 1/16"). I have drawn blood more then a few times on rocks and sticks, without ever hurting the pants. Tough, comfortable and light. I just wear a pair or merino long johns when it's cold (was 16° the other day) and I'm good. I have big thighs, and only time I notice they are tight is while I'm sitting- so I get up and move! Love them.