Practice Practice makes perfect

Before my Elk hunt, I sat at the range for hours. Just the bench. Shooting from 100 - 400. Holding over for 250 and beyond. It really made me one with my rifle.

When my Elk came in at 180 yards, I didn't even zoom in. Just completely zoomed out, aimed and pulled the trigger. Cycled the bolt, pulled the trigger. (4 times).

Even though my heart was pounding out of my chest, it just came naturally after sitting at the bench so many hours.

I was glad to see all 4 shots went through the lungs. All that practice really paid off.

Rocky723

FNG
This is exactly what I highly encourage any of my friends to do before hunts learn how your rifle shoots at different distances with hold over instead of using your dials(if you have any on your scope). It helps you visualize where the bullet is going and has helped me so much in stressful and quick shooting situations. And if you want some really good practice go and smoke some coyotes in the offseason.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I have put down three Elk with one shot each. 120, 170, and 480 yards with 300 win. mag 180 gr. TTSX. I don't fault guys who shot until they drop. I just have never had that situation. double lung on all Elk, lights out Margret.

One with your weapon is a great feeling isn't it? That’s when confidence is at its peak and prey better beware.