Poaching fines?

Redthies

FNG
What are poaching fines in your state or province?

Here in BC they recently went from maximum $575 AP* to $1,495 AP*. The other factor here is the forfeiture of all gear and vehicles used in the offence, so kiss your truck goodbye too. These are the maximum fines though, so not a guarantee.

*AP= Arctic Pesos, aka Canadian Dollars ($1495 CAD is $1100 USD)

Beendare

WKR
Not sure what it is in my state...BUT

I was helping a Guide buddy with clients in AZ a couple years ago and the GW told us of a teenage kid the Indians caught shed hunting on the res. They threw him in jail until the parents paid a $10,000 fine, took his Swaro Binos, his somewhat new truck and his boots- he literally walked out of there in his socks with the clothes on his back.

Harsh, yeah but there's a kid that won't be sneaking in to the res anytime soon.

Rob5589

WKR
Read a story where a kid collected 72 "seashells" not realizing they were clams ( that were out of season and undersized) while playing on Pismo beach (California). Fish and wildlife came across the family and cited her. The fine was just shy of 89000 dollars😲

kthomas

FNG
Not sure what it is in my state...BUT

I was helping a Guide buddy with clients in AZ a couple years ago and the GW told us of a teenage kid the Indians caught shed hunting on the res. They threw him in jail until the parents paid a $10,000 fine, took his Swaro Binos, his somewhat new truck and his boots- he literally walked out of there in his socks with the clothes on his back.

Harsh, yeah but there's a kid that won't be sneaking in to the res anytime soon.

The Indians have their own set of rules. The tribes run almost as if they are sovereign nations within the US.

If you mess around on Indian land, I wouldn't expect to be afforded the rights we have elsewhere in the US.