Pnuma

JBT17

FNG
I've been looking specifically at the Pnuma Alpha Vertex vest, but I'm also just generally interested in Pnuma as a brand. I've got some Sitka stuff that I really like, so that's kind of my benchmark for quality, but I also have this vanity thing where I don't like to look like a Sitka guy if I can find other brands with comparable quality. The other piece of this is that I've noticed Camofire has deals on Pnuma pretty regularly, but I'd like to know if their warranty still applies and how that process works if anyone has experience with the customer service.

The alpha vertex vest is pretty nice, but the collar on it made it nearly unusable. If its zipped all the way, its not as bad. If you zip it down at all, the collar sort of stays in you chin, doest lay down. Could be a non issue for some, I couldnt get past it. Pnuma has more dealers around than I expected. I was able to go check out most of their lineup in person. Cant do that with FL and Kuiu.

Last edited:

Superdoo

WKR
I like the two pairs of pants I got from them. The fit and finish is nice.
I am looking into their rain pants and hoping they go on sale.

Buckhead

FNG
I have Waypoint pants, Selkirk jacket and Alpha Vertex jacket. Quality is good, durable. I wear the Alpha Vertex Jacket as a layering piece. Don't wear the pants and Selkirk as much as I used to due to the camo pattern (Terra). Doesn't work well where I currently do most of my hunting.

I have several of their pieces, and I've been very happy with Pnuma so far. Merino pullover, Gunnison merino hoody, Waypoint jacket/vest/pant/gloves, Alpha Vertex jacket, Selkirk jacket, and Pursuit pant. Their merino is nice. The Waypoint series is very wind-resistant but not as warm as I'd like. The Selkirk is warmer and comfier, but I don't like the cuffs. No complaints about the Alpha Vertex. Pretty warm and very comfy. It's more of a light to midweight puffy, so go with the Palisade if you're really looking for warmth.

I have a fleece1/4 zip i bought from them probably 5 or 6 years ago, Lifetime Warranty. Well, after about a year the cuffs came apart on both sides. Like the thread they used to sew on the elastic stuff just came undone which made the cuffs gigantic.

They didn’t offer me a warranty repair, new 1/4 zip, my money back, nothing. Don’t remember exactly their response, something about normal wear and tear wasn’t covered. Like i stated, only a year old and not worn a ton. Just wore it like anyone would for camping, scouting, hunting, around the house, etc. I have cheap Scentlok and old Cabela’s brand stuff from over a decade ago h that’s is holding up better.

Never bought another Pnuma item as there are just so many high quality options and i wasn’t impressed with the one thing i bought from them.