Pnuma outdoors

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I inquired about the insulated pants here is their response

The Insulator is made from Durable 100% polyester high-count weave. It is more a layer piece for warmth. It doesn’t contain DWR, so you will get wet with it.

Also said it weighs under 2 pounds. I'm failing too see a use for them unless you're hunting in a cold dry climate. And the weight is more than I thought.

I will say customer service is very responsive and helpful. Prices seem descent. Like the direct to consumer pricing. Not that camo is needed its nice to see another unique pattern.

Along with the Hell's Canyon speed I'm waiting for a good field test write up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Gutpile

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going to give them a shot. I ordered the Tenacity pants and the coolcore shirt. It looks interesting to me and the warranty is sure attractive. Competition is a good thing

SpannerAK

Lil-Rokslider
Competition is good. But as of right now nothing about them other than the warranty standouts over their competition. They need to have a few big sales to get their gear out there.

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered the Merino Wool Visor Beanie last week and first impression is nice quality. Reminds me of the old "watch cap" style which is exactly what I was looking for.

Also, the Beanie arrived packed in one of their small blue dry bags. Not sure if it's typical to receive swag from Pnuma but it was a nice unexpected bonus.

Boman

Lil-Rokslider
We need someone from the site to contact them and get a review going. It looks interesting to me. Probably heavier but looks like good stuff if it works as advertised. Seems well thought out anyways, execution is always the big question.

I've been looking at their site and thinking of picking up some of their stuff. I was just wondering if anyone else has bought any since this thread went dormant.

Gutpile

Lil-Rokslider
I have the tenacity pants and the waypoint jacket and pants. Also bought the tenacity shirt and Onyx base layer. I'll post more in a bit. Tenacity pants are awesome!

Ordered the insulator hat to evaluate pattern, quality etc and also since it was a unique and hard to find design. Very happen with everything. I live relatively close to them so planning on stopping to look at entire line sometime.

Use NEWSLETTER25 to get $25 off first order.

Thank you guys!

I've been thinking of picking up most of their line, thinking of starting with their vest and merino shirt.
Not overly worried about the weight most the stuff I'm buying will be replacing old backpacking and climbing gear from the late 90's early 2000's so it will be a vast improvement over what I've been using.

Went backpack bear hunting with a new friend this past November and was impressed with his stika, kuiu, firstlite setup. I stayed warmer then he did but I had a substantial penalty as far as performance.

Gutpile

Lil-Rokslider
First off the pants fit true to size. I'm a 32 waist and their 32 fits me perfectly. Tops fit true to size as well although the Waypoint may be sized a little large probably for layering.

This company is geared more towards everyday type hunters for lack of a better term. It's not super lightweight stuff like kuiu and sitka. I'll use it for early season bear and deer hunting as well as turkeys. Ill use my kuiu and FL for later deer and elk season but I am looking forward to using the waypoint stuff in the duck blind.

Tenacity pants are awesome for early season warmer weather, everything is there.....pockets, great zippers, perfect fir, knee pads for glassing, gutting, stalking. I'm super impressed with them. They breath like crazy unlike other synthetics like kuiu and sitka. The camo pattern is awesome in my opinion. Drawback is that they aren't waterproof like the other bigs but for earlier season when it's hot I'd rather have breathability. I wore them last fall in sept with temps from mid 30's to 60 ish and was really happy with them, i wore kuiu Teton pants also and they're just too warm and don't breath at all so I sold them. I really think Pnuma hit the nail on the head.

Onyx base layer. I just don't know what to think about it. It's nice and seems to regulate temps well but I'm so in love with first lite Merino that I haven't tried the onyx a lot but will in the future.

Coolcore tenacity shirt is a go but it's just a lightweight polyester. Super comfy and breathable like you'd expect.

Waypoint gear. Welllllllll...... it's a bit heavy for my taste because i run pretty hot. I rarely wear long underwear and hate heavy jackets, i like to layer. I was hoping these would be something like Kuiu attack pants and their Chinook jacket but they are heavier than that. These would be better suited for sitting and glassing or perhaps a duck blind than they would be for high output unless it's super cold. I will be using them for duck hunting and coyote hunting next year. I haven't put them to field use yet but the pants again are super comfy. The best description is that they would be like kuiu attack or sitka ascent pants with a micro fleece lining. The jacket is not packable. It's just too big but that's not it's intended purpose. The pants do have vents which is a plus. I love that about the attack pants by kuiu but the vents on these are in the crotch.

Brimmed Merino beenie is the cats meow. Buy it!! Youll love it. I used it all through elk season last year. Way better than First lites. When I needed more coverage than my Stormy Kromer gives I wear it which is a lot during elk season. LoL. It stays in my pack permanently now

What they need in my opinion is a pant that is between the Tenacity and the Waypoint. It'd be be nice for mid season hunting where the weather is colder, wetter and blows more. Something that would repel water and break the wind but not cook you like I'm sure the Waypoints will.

Last edited:

Gutpile

Lil-Rokslider
I don't think Pnuma has rain gear per se. What I remember was that they have a super heavy pant and jacket that are waterproof but supposedly breath well. I bet they'll come out with some in the future. I had been emailing the VP a bit back when I first ordered everything and he said there's new stuff in the works. Really a great guy by the way. Answered my emails very quickly and seems very down to earth.

Gutpile

Lil-Rokslider
I'd have to go back and look but it seems to me it's just really heavy warm coat and pants that have a waterproof shell/coating. I could be wrong as it's been a while but each article of clothing has a video we can watch that will answer that pretty quickly.

I'll probably skip the waypoint soft shell system. I tend to run really hot, 40°&dry=t-shirt. I'll definitely be looking at the tenacity pants and the merino beenie.
My others item of new gear was an kryptek aquillo (to hot for anything involving movement)
Anyone have experience with their rain gear, the breathablity looks awesome.

Ever time I try to edit it gets deleted, I haven't commented enough here to be familiar with the site. Sorry

Gutpile

Lil-Rokslider
I like ultra light packable rain gear. Probably just go with north face or marmot. Something like that because it's cheaper and I don't need it to be camo.

I messaged the Pnuma the other day and they responded back that don't have a timeframe but packages rain gear may be coming.