Photography- one photo a day

bootstrap

Ended up with the surgery. While the break was clean torn ligaments were pulling everything apart as they tried to heal. Ended up with 1 plate and a few button sutures. Doc seemed pretty confident that I should be close to 100% when all is said and done.

I’ve been listening to elk bugle from the house basically since the leg broke. At least I got a few good trips in this year!

View attachment 458008
Praying for quick healing and 100% functionality.

Toofarsouth

I was where you are just last year. Exact same break and surgery. God speed your healing and hope you keep your eye on new adventures.
How are you feeling a year down the road? Trying to stay positive with it but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous

AK Troutbum

Well Known Rokslider
The last sunset of September.
d00ffa52d108e8b1631731fe7d1daddf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSPHUNTER

Well Known Rokslider
While there are many great pictures posted under this topic, I think there should be a separate section just for photos taken in the Mountains. The diversity of scenery in the Mt. is just amazing. Keep it up guys.

aion2come

Well Known Rokslider
How are you feeling a year down the road? Trying to stay positive with it but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous
I don't think it will ever feel the same. Not worse, but a very slight reduction in mobility. A lot of it is in my head though. I am much more careful and a bit nervous walking on uneven ground. I use trekking poles many times, even whitetail hunting in rough country. Part of my head game is undoubtedly because, 2.5 months after the right ankle break and surgery, I had a total knee replacement on the left leg. So kind of a double wammy. That being said, I can do everything I used to be able to do before the break and knee replacement, minus I'm still working on leg strength on the knee replacement. Hiked 28.5 miles with a pack in Colorado this year over 4 days. No pain. No swelling. Just a tad more careful. The truth is, I was ecstatic with that! I feared I might have to hang it up out west. But I'm well on my way I feel.

Just keep hitting the rehab hard. Between my two surgies, I was down for almost 4.5 months ouf of the last 12 ... and plan on elk hunting next year, Lord willing. Best wishes on a full recovery.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Intermountain Outdoors