Phoneskope Carbon

199p

Lil-Rokslider
Spoke to them today saying my one will ship in 3 weeks for the new galaxy looking forward to getting my hands on it before september

rw79

FNG
I was able to test mine last night in the backyard. I have not tested it in an actual hunting environment yet, but will update this post after I’ve run it through a season.

My previous phone scope was the Magview. I have not used Ollin but my hunting partner does and loves it, so take this review for what it’s worth.

Pros:
1. The carbon phone case is an actual phone case similar to the Otter Box. It has a magnetic ring so you can mount it in your vehicle. The cool thing about this case is it is eliminates the issues of having to switch cases out when you’re not huting; something I’ve alwasy found annoying. This can be used as a permanent phone case year round.

2. The case is very nice and looks great. It is fairly rugged as well and should hold up.

3. The magnetic attachment connects the back of the phone (O-ring magnet) to the scope adapter, similar to older Phonescope models. However, it is very lightweight and slim.

4. The scope attachment pushes onto the eyepiece very easily and then the connector links the eyepiece attachment to the phone.

5. Quality: I have an iPhone 14 max and I always ran into issues with the Magview due to the three cameras on the iPhone never seeming to alining correctly until I moved it around to find that sweet spot. The new Carbon model blocks two of the three iPhone cameras making it very easy to quickly focus on an object for both photos and video. I am guessing it is on par with the Ollin setup.

Cons:
1. The biggest issue I can see occurring in the field is the fact that the piece that connects the phone to the eyepiece adapter could be lost easily if you don’t keep track of it. Also, if you bump the spotting scope it seems like the connector can move and would require you to reconnect it or move the phone back into position.

Is it worth it?
If you can afford the price point, then yes it is worth the money. I love the fact I don’t need to keep track of a separate phone case. Given the fact that many of the Otterbox cases are very expensive, you are basically getting that type of phone case along with the scope connections.

If anyone has additional questions, please let me know.

I was able to test mine last night in the backyard. I have not tested it in an actual hunting environment yet, but will update this post after I’ve run it through a season.

My previous phone scope was the Magview. I have not used Ollin but my hunting partner does and loves it, so take this review for what it’s worth.

Pros:
1. The carbon phone case is an actual phone case similar to the Otter Box. It has a magnetic ring so you can mount it in your vehicle. The cool thing about this case is it is eliminates the issues of having to switch cases out when you’re not huting; something I’ve alwasy found annoying. This can be used as a permanent phone case year round.

2. The case is very nice and looks great. It is fairly rugged as well and should hold up.

3. The magnetic attachment connects the back of the phone (O-ring magnet) to the scope adapter, similar to older Phonescope models. However, it is very lightweight and slim.

4. The scope attachment pushes onto the eyepiece very easily and then the connector links the eyepiece attachment to the phone.

5. Quality: I have an iPhone 14 max and I always ran into issues with the Magview due to the three cameras on the iPhone never seeming to alining correctly until I moved it around to find that sweet spot. The new Carbon model blocks two of the three iPhone cameras making it very easy to quickly focus on an object for both photos and video. I am guessing it is on par with the Ollin setup.

Cons:
1. The biggest issue I can see occurring in the field is the fact that the piece that connects the phone to the eyepiece adapter could be lost easily if you don’t keep track of it. Also, if you bump the spotting scope it seems like the connector can move and would require you to reconnect it or move the phone back into position.

Is it worth it?
If you can afford the price point, then yes it is worth the money. I love the fact I don’t need to keep track of a separate phone case. Given the fact that many of the Otterbox cases are very expensive, you are basically getting that type of phone case along with the scope connections.

If anyone has additional questions, please let me know.
It looks like they are now offering just the connector piece. I'm thinking/hoping that this should be compatible with any Mag-Safe case. Have you tried this piece on a generic case?

If it does in fact work, it could be pretty incredible to not have to buy a ~$100 case to use this system.

rw79

FNG
While I can’t say for sure, I would guess that it should work with any phone case that has a magnet on the back of it. You would still need the Phoneskope eye attachment for the spotter.

While I can’t say for sure, I would guess that it should work with any phone case that has a magnet on the back of it. You would still need the Phoneskope eye attachment for the spotter.
I ordered the magnetic part and a cheap magsafe case from Amazon. I will report back whether or not it works. I have all the other phoneskope adapters for my optics but didn't have the case for my current phone.