Phone Skope? Bah Humbug

When I first bought a spotting scope 8 or 10 years ago, I bought a phone scope. Within 6 months I got a different phone and couldn’t use my fairly new purchase I had made in that Phoneskope. Unless I purchased another case. So that was the last of looking at game with a cell phone. Until now.

I did a little homework and learned about an ingenious product when I googled “universal digiscope”, and it arrived today. Just in time for my AZ scouting trip. I did an initial setup with it today and I have to say, “why haven’t I heard about this until now? I certainly haven’t heard any of the “celebrity hunters” talking about it. Maybe because they all get new free PhoneSkopes and cases everytime they change phones?

Anyway, I tried out my new Magview S1 spotting scope system today and my initial impression is a big thumbs up! I think this will be the last digiscope I will ever need! No more new cases! Not to mention I never liked my original PhoneSkope to begin with. The fit was sloppy, cumbersome and not what I expected for the money!

I will verify one way or another if the Magview lives up to my expectations by the end of January. But as of right now I am impressed with it. Can’t wait to spot some game with it!

Anyone have one of these they can comment on? they make a version for bino’s as well.