Pheasant/Waterfowl Sausage recipes?

kpalu

FNG
Pheasant legs and thighs are usually pretty tough. I was pondering setting those cuts aside this season and using them to make a batch of sausage. Anyone done this? I know of a couple guys that make goose/duck sausage and it's pretty good. I have really good breakfast and braut recipes but I'm not sure how they would turn out using pheasant, I usually use venison for them.

Tod osier

WKR
Pheasant legs and thighs are usually pretty tough. I was pondering setting those cuts aside this season and using them to make a batch of sausage. Anyone done this? I know of a couple guys that make goose/duck sausage and it's pretty good. I have really good breakfast and braut recipes but I'm not sure how they would turn out using pheasant, I usually use venison for them.

I've done sausage with breast trimmings and thighs when I had a lot, but the legs have tendons that you can't grind. For gamebird legs with tendons (thighs work too), I just braise them a loong time and pick them - the results are good for stew or you can crisp them in butter with garlic and chilis and they make good carnita-type tacos.

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider