Pellet Stove for Shop

Anyone use one? Insurance company is okay with it. Have natural gas at my house, 300ft or so away. Looks like I could install a pellet stove for $1400 or so and be heating. Obviously will not heat all the time just when wrenching on projects, reloading, fly tying. I imagine NG would be expensive upfront but cheaper in the long run.

Dirt Wagon

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a pellet stove & found it to be an easy way to keep the house warm during long winter nights. I've never used gas to heat, only used wood before the pellet. I still keep both in case the power goes out & I need the wood stove to heat & cook off of.

I went with a multi-fuel model & have used corn with a little amount of pellets mixed in to help it burn better. The corn has a nicer smell overall & burns longer. Only problem with corn is making sure to have an area where rodents can't get at your supply.

There is a pellet stove out there that doesn't use power to operate, called Wiseway.

adamm88

WKR
We use a pellet stove in our living room it heats up nice when it gets cold out. If your looking for cheap try a wood stove, atleast in my area you could find wood to burn for free or cheap a d people switching to pellet stoves look to get rid of a stove for cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
W
Yeah I run wood in my house. Problem is the shop is 27' at the peak. Pipe would be pretty expensive to make that code. Plus insurance seems a little hesitant with wood stove. Appreciate the responses.

RAPTOR

WKR
Go gas. Easy, cheaper in the long run, and clean. No lugging bags of pellets, no running out of pellets, no cleaning pellet residue. Gas is cheap to burn.

Go gas. Easy, cheaper in the long run, and clean. No lugging bags of pellets, no running out of pellets, no cleaning pellet residue. Gas is cheap to burn.

This! I have a Harman P68 and it works, but, if gas was an option. I would happily be burning gas.