Pelican air 1745 vs kuiu hard case

wysongdog

WKR
Has anyone had their hands on these cases side by side? Wife is getting me one of them for Father’s Day for my upcoming Africa trip. Thanks

Isn't the kuiu case just an SKB? I have looked at both and went with the SKB because it was not overly large for my needs. The pelican is significantly larger and the plastic feels like it is of lower quality.

RC_

FNG
No experience with these directly but the KUIU is manufactured by SKB and I’ve had great luck my SKB double. Well made and has held up over several trips so far. My thought is you’re probably paying the oversized luggage fee regardless of case which is part of why I went for a big double. If I’m paying for it, I might as well have a big case I pack with other gear. Also is totally capable of carrying 2 bows or a bow and rifle / shot gun.

I have a pelican m700 and an SKB. Really can't go wrong with either. My SKB does have a small crack in it, but i think its 15 years old. I only bought the pelican because my most recent bow was too long for the SKB. FWIW, if you are a veteran pelican gives you a 10% discount if you buy direct.