Pelican 1745 Bow Case - Bow too small

JMo25

FNG
I got a really nice bow case for Christmas, but my bow (Matthews V3 29” axle to axle) wont fit with how you configure the blocks inside on the molle straps. It is apparently too short. Has anyone ran into this? I thought about getting a foam insert for it and cutting it to fit my bow, but they don’t seem to sell foam for that case either. The inside dimensions are a few inches bigger than the rifle cases. I’m a bit surprised that this case isn’t more modular for different bow lengths.

Any ideas on how to make this work? Thanks y’all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
When I use a bow case for air travel I always stuffed it with base layers and sokcs and stuff to save luggage space and add padding. I would contact Pelican, they may have some ideas.

I had the same issue with with that case and my RX3 and Ventum pro. I used outer blocks sandwich the bow then laid one block over sideways. I put that sideways block under the riser by the sight (keeps housing from contacting bottom of case.) Then hook Velcro straps to limbs and bungees to the riser in the middle. Not exactly how it was designed but it has worked well for a few seasons now

OP
JMo25

JMo25

FNG
I had the same issue with with that case and my RX3 and Ventum pro. I used outer blocks sandwich the bow then laid one block over sideways. I put that sideways block under the riser by the sight (keeps housing from contacting bottom of case.) Then hook Velcro straps to limbs and bungees to the riser in the middle. Not exactly how it was designed but it has worked well for a few seasons now

Thanks man. I ended up using the long block at the bottom end of the case and using the straps. The more I thought about it I figured that was probably right. If not, they would have made that case for such a specific bow. It works good. IMG_7171.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same case.. I had to play around with the layout too, but it is an awesome case once you get the fitment squared away.. I did something very similar to you're layout as well..All the best..

I have a Pelican 1745 bow case, and a Pelican Vault 730. Ive traveled quite a bit with the 1745 and a VXR 28/V3X 29. I got it as best I could with the provided blocks, and filled up the rest of the space with any extra clothes/supplies I need to take - basically using that as packing material. There was enough room in there that I dont need to check any other luggage on.

If you arent flying or going on longer trips and just looking for another case to pack around a shorter ATA bow on day trips, etc, you might look into the Pelican Vault 730, usually you can find them for around $200, and you can custom cut the foam for any bow and accessories. The isnt a drastic difference in size between the 1745 and 730 (the 730 isnt a bulky in height while laying down) but the foam is custom cut so theres no voids since you trace your bow and cut.

If I dont have to pack clothes and other gear, and throwing it in my truck I prefer the 730. If Im flying with the bow I prefer the 1745.