Peep Sight Help

OkieElk

FNG
Guys,

My peep sight has turned a full quarter turn when the string is at rest. I have to twist it back every shot or so to get a good site picture. I have a 1year old Matthews VXR.

I don’t want to have to re-sight my bow. Any suggestions how to fix this without taking it to the archery shop for them to mess it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a new string/cables.

If your peep was straight, and is turning now its a sign that your string is creeping.

In my experience once they start moving they ain't stopping. Change them out.

If you really don’t want a new set of strings and cables you could just pop in one of those total peep aligners for 10 bucks and see if that will fix it for now. You should know that zebra strings on Mathews are junk and should probably be replaced right out of the box

wnelson14

WKR
Classified Approved
Same issue, same 1.5 year old VXR, new strings are in route

Luked

WKR
Just got a new V3X 33 aboit 2 weeks ago and mine twisted quite a bit at first. I just twisted the string to get it back in line. Now it's working fine. Not going to say the Zebra strings are the best out there but I'll use them this year then after season I'll put new ones on.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
Half twist in your string may solve it, another option is a tiny piece of "D" loop burnt on either end in between your string above your peep and run it up or down until the peep lines up. They have little "peep aligners" that do the exact same thing as the "D" loop material that would work, but in any case you need a press to correct this no matter which way you go. Re-align your "D" loop with your peep helps as well.

LCsmith

Lil-Rokslider
1. Turn your d loop on the string so your peep corrects when drawing.
2. Add twist to your string.
3. Replace junk zebra string with quality aftermarket.

OP
O

OkieElk

FNG
Thanks Guys! I’m going to @bob.bowers suggestion and see if I can make it last the season before replacing the string

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk