Peak 44 Bastion

Marshfly

WKR
Here is what I have, no barrel yet so I haven’t shot it, but the stock seems awesome to me.
Probably going to add some texturing down the road to the grip
Man. I think my R700 Blacktooth trigger reach is decently longer than that. The rifle is currently getting a chop and thread job or I'd measure. I'll try to remember to measure when I get it back in a few days.

SDHNTR

WKR
Man. I think my R700 Blacktooth trigger reach is decently longer than that. The rifle is currently getting a chop and thread job or I'd measure. I'll try to remember to measure when I get it back in a few days.
It would make sense that the black tooth trigger reach is significantly longer, given it has a sporter style grip vs vertical on the Bastion.

Marshfly

WKR
It would make sense that the black tooth trigger reach is significantly longer, given it has a sporter style grip vs vertical on the Bastion.
Yeah. I ordered mine literally like a month prior to the Bastion coming out. Was pretty bummed when I saw the Bastion.

wnelson14

WKR
Mine is for a Weatherby vanguard long action, not sure what to say?
I did get it off the in-stock list, so maybe someone backed out of a customer, and I got a different speced one, but I prefer the short LOP so I'm happy with it.

WormSportsman

Lil-Rokslider
Seems like so few Bastions out there still? Anyone with experience with both Blacktooth and Bastion have any input on these stocks and preferences between the two. Really like the Bastion but worried about the 13” LOP as I am used to 13.5” on all my stocks. Have not been able to get one in my hands to check it out yet.

Seems like so few Bastions out there still? Anyone with experience with both Blacktooth and Bastion have any input on these stocks and preferences between the two. Really like the Bastion but worried about the 13” LOP as I am used to 13.5” on all my stocks. Have not been able to get one in my hands to check it out yet.
I don't have any experience with the Blacktooth but just received my Bastion back from Peak 44 with a 13.5 LOP. and it's awesome! Excellent fit and finish. The only issue I have with it is that the inlet doesn't provide for free floating a Carbon 6 barrel with the straight taper. It's locked in on either side and I don't think I could take enough off to fully float it.

MAP1

Lil-Rokslider
From Weatherbys website specs. The rifles that use the Blacktooth stock show 13.5 LOP, drop@comb .625, drop@heel .3 Bastion stock 13.25 LOP, drop@comb .49, drop@heel .35.

Attachments

• IMG_7749.png
    IMG_7749.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7748.png
    IMG_7748.png
    145.3 KB · Views: 3

HGL

FNG
I was able to handle a Weatherby today at a LGS that had the bastion stock. No idea on its actual LOP, but it didn't feel "short" to me and I have long arms, I prefer a 13.5-13.75" LOP. Granted, that was a bare rifle with no scope, so a bit hard to get a good feel.

Overall I liked it. It was a bit "thin" in the grip area, I would have liked a bit more palm swell, but I'd hunt with one, no doubt. It was definitely a light set up and I thought it looked better in person with a barreled action in it than the online pics of just the stock.

OP
Back_country_blacktail
I got my bastion stock and it's 13.5. I did buy mine within the first few weeks of them becoming available, not sure if that plays a factor

SDHNTR

WKR
Did you guys bed yours? Only in the recoil lug like their video suggests? Or the tang too? I don’t understand not bedding the tang (I usually do bottom metal too), but maybe they have a reason for it?

Haven't bedded mine yet but I plan to fully bed the action.

Also, I was able to easily adjust the stock to float the C6 barrel. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.