PayPal

HaydenB

Lil-Rokslider
Has anybody had any trouble with PayPal? I always used my wife’s and never had any trouble. This past week I was trying to do a transaction and it asked for my “business” information. I typed in vaguely what I thought should suffice and then tried to do the transaction and it told me I was kicked out. Idk I probably did something wrong. I was just curious if anybody else had any problems.

Attachments

• 6280F3C2-0A99-488D-B9AC-408EAD2F4B83.png
    6280F3C2-0A99-488D-B9AC-408EAD2F4B83.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 51

wyosteve

WKR
I suspect with the new IRS regs. if you don’t enter the exact and correct info, it won’t process the transaction.

JBrown1

Lil-Rokslider
Paypal is a horrible business. On the surface they are a convenient online banking system, but at their core they are governed by a very left leaning mindset.

I notice that their little Dear John letter notes that they will hold any money that is in your account for six months, and that you cannot remove your credit card and banking information from their system.

They have screwed other people for thousands of dollars.

TSAMP

WKR
I've said it before but never link your actual banking info to a service such as this. Tie it to a CC. You get a added buffer of fraud protection and can cancel the card and walk away.
Same with any sort of montlthy subscriptions. The only thing that comes out of my checking account is my mortgage and my insurance premium once a year.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
TSAMP's advice is solid. In my case, only my employer has access to my checking account.

I dislike Paypal (and eBay for that matter) that they require access to a bank account (fairly recent change) so I used a dedicated savings account for this purposes. The account has very little money in it except for 2-4 days a month for a payment for my Mom's senior living facility monthly rent. I was not even going to do this but there was a substantial discount ($1000/month) to allow them to get paid this way.

Good luck OP,

Eddie

*zap*

WKR
I have nothing linked to my paypal debit or paypal account. I load it with cash at cvs, cost $4 to load any amount.

Rich M

WKR
There is no way I would tie my personal bank account to PayPal. Would set up a dummy account w little money in it if necessary to "do business" if necessary.

There are plenty of "credit cards" that you fill up w money to use - Visa has em, and others.

Someone was talking about a left bent to PayPal. That seems to be how all the big internet stuff is - looking like FB might get their hand slapped for controlling what people are allowed to see.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I set up a separate bank account in a different bank over two decades ago JUST for PP when I started using it. I leave the minimum in it at all times (like $10) just to keep it open, and I remove the money immediately after I transfer any PP funds to it. And I use a dedicated CC linked to PP for all purchases. But I really don't use PP all that often.......especially now with the government sticking their nose into it.

Unckebob

WKR
I've said it before but never link your actual banking info to a service such as this. Tie it to a CC. You get a added buffer of fraud protection and can cancel the card and walk away.
Same with any sort of montlthy subscriptions. The only thing that comes out of my checking account is my mortgage and my insurance premium once a year.

A lot of credit cards will let you generate a Virtual Credit Card number that is only good for one transaction. That way, the vendor can't leak your card info.