Paranormal Experience Tonight

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
Our priest has become a good friend over the years. Through marriage, funeral, and a few kids; he's been our guy and we've got to know him very well and I trust him completely. He was over for supper about a month ago and casually mentioned that he's the appointed exorcist for all diocese in the state. That lead to a couple hours of questions and stories. He had some pretty intense stories of evil spirits in houses that he's had to do exorcisms on and full-blown human exorcism experiences that he described as stuff straight out of the movies. He also had some wild stories that his mentor had shared with him. He described the whole experiences as demons just trying to shake/scare him but they have no power. It was a neat conversation.
I went to a Catholic high school and we had the head exorcist for the diocese come and give a talk about his experiences and how he performs exorcisms. Some of the stories he told were absolutely mind blowing and straight out of a horror movie. And it hits people in all walks of life. He described a story of a frail elderly lady needing 6 full grown men to contain her. The talking in tongues (old Latin) and the demons knowing his name and things about him without ever meeting him before was some scary stuff to think about.

ODB

WKR
I went to a Catholic high school and we had the head exorcist for the diocese come and give a talk about his experiences and how he performs exorcisms. Some of the stories he told were absolutely mind blowing and straight out of a horror movie. And it hits people in all walks of life. He described a story of a frail elderly lady needing 6 full grown men to contain her. The talking in tongues (old Latin) and the demons knowing his name and things about him without ever meeting him before was some scary stuff to think about.

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.”

- Hamlet

Shakespeare had it right a long time ago.

49ereric

WKR
Huge skeptic here. Don't buy into ghosts n chit like that, but I've had unexplained/paranormal experiences a couple times prior to tonight. Been 20yrs since the last ones.

Anyway, downstairs in the armory cranking out some 308 loads with my boy, Bubba. (Pitbull) Wife went to bed long before upstairs, but if I'm making noise or Bub is fooling around too much, she will come down to bitch at us. Welp, Bubba was pacing and whining while I was on the press sizing brass and here come my wife coming down the steps, me and Bub turn to look, he is cocking his head sideways and I'm waiting for her to come into view off the bottom step. NOTHING! I was like WTF? So, I walk over to find nobody on the steps and then expect to meet my wife awake. Nope, she was/is still in bed. If it weren't for Bubba reacting to it also, I would just dismiss it as my imagination, but now I can't. This kinda chit make the hair on your neck stand up!
If your dog was upset that is a bad sign. plenty of such incidents have happen in our house but it never upset the dog(s).

49ereric

WKR
For whatever reason I love hearing stories like this. I’m a firm believer that we know almost nothing about the universe. We quantify and try to explain via “science” but we can only measure what we can measure, if you get my drift.

I know enough rational people who have had similar experiences to know factually that people are experiencing “something”. What that “something” is…who knows? All I know is they aren’t all delusional.

Chris Mccandless’ (Into the Wild) sister wrote a book and there is a very poignant moment when the “something” was at work. Worth a read. Downright spooky.

I just embrace it, don’t reject people’s experiences, and know that one day we will all “know as we are known.”
Not everything will be explained by science. Not supposed to be is my opinion.

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
Have a few, but the one that still gets me the most.

Jr. Year of college had a roommate, friends since middleschool. Small 2 bed apartment. My room had its own bathroom, he used the main one. One night after a few beers and watching the game we crashed. Sometime in the middle of the night I wake up and hear him walking down the hall to go to the bathroom, dude starts pissing and pissing. At some point, im kinda in the semi hungover stage, it just starts to get comical. After another min I roll out of bed and open my door to bust his chops. Only to look 10ft down the hallway and his bathroom door is wide open with no lights on. Needless to say I shut the door and turned on my lights for a few min.

Weird part. The next morning over coffee I had to bring it up. Just kinda jokingly.

And he goes, bullshit.

I woke up and and was wondering y the hell you were using my bathroom, but he just shrugged it off and fell back asleep.

Next night we left out a couple shots of wishkey for the spirt to enjoy and move on. Never did have another incident.

Yes sir, he had similar stories. A nice native lady that was under 5 foot tall that apparently her mother sold her soul to the devil to make ends meet a couple decades before. He said the lady was super sweet until the demons figured out what was up and then it basically turned into the movies.

He made the comment that his faith was always strong; but after doing exorcisms, it essentially made his faith unshakable and there is no longer even a slight question. I felt a similar feeling after our discussion as well as my wife (who was raised in a home with no religion of any sort).

cuttingedge

Lil-Rokslider
I'll make this as short as I can.

My Great Aunt and Uncle lived in the sticks in a house they built in 1952. I hunted there every season as well as visiting during the year. My uncle became very ill and was in the hospital. He knew he was going to die, and wanted to die at home, which he did. This was when I was a teenager. When I would go to visit my aunt I would sleep in the "middle room" between the living room and kitchen. They used wood for heat and the cook stove. When my uncle was living he would get up about 4 am and bring a shovel full of red hot coals from the fireplace to start the cook stove. He wore open back slippers and would make a shuffling sound walking across the wood floor. More than once after he passed I would wake to the sound of that shuffling through the room.

My aunt lived alone in the house after my uncle died until she was 92. She had a stroke and came to live with us so my mom could care for her.

The house was on a dirt road with the nearest neighbor being the better part of a mile. The house was unoccupied for 6 months prior to opening weekend of bow season. I decided to go stay in the house by myself and hunt.

Opening morning I took a doe with my bow. Upon walking back to the house I found the front door standing wide open. I passed it off as I must have not closed it well enough. Nothing had be disturbed and nothing was missing. I decided to hunt that afternoon.

As luck would have it, I got another nice doe that afternoon. I got her quartered and in the ice chest, but realized I had to drive 12 miles to town for more ice, and it would be after dark before I got back. Since the door had "come open" that morning, I double checked the lock and shook the door pretty heartily before I went to town. When I returned the door was standing wide open again. I know dang well that door was shut and locked proper this time. I didn't get very much sleep that night. That was incredibly spooky.

I had always tried to do right by my aunt. She was truly a wonderful soul. I figured my deceased uncle had no reason to have bad feelings towards me, and he must have just wanted some fresh air. True story.