Pan head recs

Clarson757

Lil-Rokslider
Been wanting a micro pan head for a season or two. Anyone got recs that work well with bino and spotter? Quality and good function is my top priority. Let me know what y’all like and don’t like. Thank you I’m advance!

The Revic FH-1 fluid head is compact and overall un matched for the price. Here is a link to see it and the details and specs

Feel free to call me with any questions
Joel
516-217-1000

JakeSCH

WKR
+1 for Tricer LP. Mine is 4.3 oz and handles my 883 well. The pan and tilt are smoother than the outdoorsman panhead I had.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I really like my outdoorsmans micro pan head. I love being able to lock the vertical tilt to a desired spot and then just use the pan; and vice versa.

I’ve been running the outdoorsman for 4-5 years. Picked up the Tricer as soon as they were available.
I’ll just say the outdoorsman is now the second best pan head I own.
732A7C2C-5820-4C91-A709-B4ECEDE60D36.jpeg

fulltiltaudio

Lil-Rokslider
I just picked up the Tricer LP a few weeks ago. The little bit that I've used it so far I have been dang impressed. Especially at 4.5 oz and under 200$
I will be picking up another one for my backup tripod and i was able to move my heavier VA-5 head to make a window mount for the rare times I may want it!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

atmat

WKR
I love my Wiser Precision, but the Tricer is lighter, cheaper, and coming well-reviewed.

chav0_12

FNG
I just picked up the Tricer LP a few weeks ago. The little bit that I've used it so far I have been dang impressed. Especially at 4.5 oz and under 200$
I will be picking up another one for my backup tripod and i was able to move my heavier VA-5 head to make a window mount for the rare times I may want it!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
I know the VA-5 is a fluid head, but how does he Tricer LP compare with smoothness? I know I might be giving something up, but for almost a whole pound less than my VA-5 I think it'll be worth it when necessary. How does the Tricer do with spotters, mine is an ATX 65 so it's kind of heavy? Thanks!

Another vote for the Wiser Precision. Gotta give it a solid twist to lock down my ATS 65, but then it’s just as sturdy as the gitzo it replaced which weighs several times as much. Best $300 I’ve spent in a long while.

Sirui VA-5 or Outdoorsmans Pan Head. Both work well for me (10x42 Binos and a 65mm spotter). I have been using the Outdoorsmans more often due to size and weight.

Va-5 for budget, more money Tricer. Think va-5 and outdoorsman’s are very similar in smooth. Tricer is just chosen for weight think va-5 and outdoorsman’s beat it on smooth from the bit I’ve played

jonesn3

FNG
Not a lot to compare to here, but I’m really enjoying my Outdoorsman’s Panhead with 10s, 12s and 65mm scopes! Not the lighted setup but simple enough and smooth/solid in my opinion. If you’re already into their lineup, then compatibility of accessories and quick adapter plates is a consideration. I’m not a fan of my equipment potentially not being compatible with buddy’s optics, but so far hasn’t been an issue

jonesn3

FNG
Not a lot to compare to here, but I’m really enjoying my Outdoorsman’s Panhead with 10s, 12s and 65mm scopes! Not the lighted setup but simple enough and smooth/solid in my opinion. If you’re already into their lineup, then compatibility of accessories and quick adapter plates is a consideration. I’m not a fan of my equipment potentially not being compatible with buddy’s optics, but so far hasn’t been an issue
Just realized that Outdoorsman came out with “gen 2” version of the panhead. The head can accept arca swiss or their dovetail plate. Kinda cool, I guess that takes care of my biggest gripe…