Pair of “do it all pants” SG de havilland

Tegr0429

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in the market for a pair of do it all pants. I’m stuck on the stone glacier de havillands. My question to you guys, are the pants that loud? I will use these for everything from western high country hunts to south GA whitetails and Turkey. I’ll be just bow hunting and worried they will be too loud like I’ve seen in the reviews.

4cMuley

Lil-Rokslider
I have the lite version and I do really like them but they are a bit “swishy” when walking. I’d also prefer if they were ever so slightly less baggy but I have hank hill ass so that gripe may not apply. I wear kuiu attacks way more often especially big game for the two reasons above

OP
Tegr0429

Tegr0429

Lil-Rokslider
I have the lite version and I do really like them but they are a bit “swishy” when walking. I’d also prefer if they were ever so slightly less baggy but I have hank hill ass so that gripe may not apply. I wear kuiu attacks way more often especially big game for the two reasons above
Thank you, I’m worried about the standing in a tree stand and getting that swish sound with a deer sub 40 yards.

Adema

FNG
The SG de havilland pants are a heavier type of nylon softshell pants. They are swishy sounding. I wouldn’t wear them above 70 degrees. The de havilland lite pants are louder and much lighter. The swishy loudness is due to the nylon fabric. The lites you can wear in 90 degree temps and freezing temps with a base layer.

However, I would consider the Kuiu Attack pants more of a “do it all”. They are silent. And super stretchy. You could do all your lower body workouts in these pants. I have worn them in 90 degree temps but they do get hot and sweaty even with the vents. I have worn them in freezing temps with no base layer and was fine.

OP
Tegr0429

Tegr0429

Lil-Rokslider
My DH pants don’t make that noise at all now that they’re broken in. That goes away with some use and wash cycles.
Appreciate it. I pulled the trigger and have a pair on the way.

I have regular and lite. The lite’s are loud’ish, regular are not. I did bow hunt in the lite’s last week, and sheep hunted in Aug also in them. I was only one with out rips in the arse area, from sliding.

75-90degree the lite’s are warm
65-90 degrees the regular are hot

My favorite late season pants of all the brands I have(kuiu, kuhl, SG, Sitka, Kuiu, prana) are the DH regular though. Cant beat the durability.

I cant wear regular in above 65, but I have a buddy that does and loves them

OP
Tegr0429

Tegr0429

Lil-Rokslider
I have regular and lite. The lite’s are loud’ish, regular are not. I did bow hunt in the lite’s last week, and sheep hunted in Aug also in them. I was only one with out rips in the arse area, from sliding.

75-90degree the lite’s are warm
65-90 degrees the regular are hot

My favorite late season pants of all the brands I have(kuiu, kuhl, SG, Sitka, Kuiu, prana) are the DH regular though. Cant beat the durability.

I cant wear regular in above 65, but I have a buddy that does and loves them
Much appreciated, excited to put them through the ringer this year.

Gseith

Lil-Rokslider
I have the dh pants and they are my go to pants. They are warm when it’s hot out but most of my hunting is in cooler or cold temps. The long side zips really help.
I actually sold all my other hunting pants and just have these. I got tired of having so many others. They don’t seem loud to me but mine are well worn at this point.

fatlander

WKR
Had the DH lite and they’re way too loud to hunt whitetails.

Kuiu Attacks or Kutanas would be the pant I’d recommend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owlman

FNG
I got the kuiu attack pants recently and can attest to them being pretty silent. I'm skinny too, so i frequently have to deal with swishing sound from walking in long pants.