Pack weight for broke newbie

BDRam16

WKR
Crawl, walk, run.

Backpacking is hard. Hunting is hard. Backpack hunting is harder.

Packing into a basin with 6 days of food that has no game in it then hiking back out is harder than hiking in with a day pack to come to the same conclusion.

If you don’t like backpacking I wouldn’t take up backpack hunting.

To loosely quote Aron Snyder, there’s 3 phases of back packing: the poor phase, the ultralight phase, the having done it enough to know what you need phase. Enjoy the journey!

Edit: see the above post from [mention]BDRam16 [/mention]last year was the poor (too heavy and too much) phase. This year he’s in the ultralight phase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn I just got called poor and stupid in the same sentence haha.

Very accurate though. The vast majority of my weight was stuff I didn’t even need. “Packing my fears.” My two comfort items are an extra pillow and a titanium coffee mug because I would die without my morning coffee lol.

fatlander

WKR
Damn I just got called poor and stupid in the same sentence haha.

Very accurate though. The vast majority of my weight was stuff I didn’t even need. “Packing my fears.” My two comfort items are an extra pillow and a titanium coffee mug because I would die without my morning coffee lol.

Haha I’m not saying you’re poor or stupid. Your reply was just a perfect case study of the generalization that rings true for pretty much everyone. Hopefully you don’t have to get smoked by a storm on the mountain to carry a little heavier gear like some of us have.

Best of luck this fall! Hope you have a wonderful September!

BDRam16

WKR
Haha I’m not saying you’re poor or stupid. Your reply was just a perfect case study of the generalization that rings true for pretty much everyone. Hopefully you don’t have to get smoked by a storm on the mountain to carry a little heavier gear like some of us have.

Best of luck this fall! Hope you have a wonderful September!

I’m just messing with you lol.