OzCut Broadheads - QC Issues

Bump79

WKR
I wanted to share my experience with the extensive issues with the OzCut 3 blade heads. I used them for a year shot them a lot, took a bull with one and liked them a whole lot at that time. I thought they were an excellent value as they can be found for a little over $30. I just like easy to sharpen compact 3 blades. Then everything changed. I've had 6 broadheads completely shear off. 3 of which completely sheared off at the base in brand new foam targets (Sevr and 18:1). The last one was at elk camp and I completely lost faith in them. Also, every box came in different cut diameters, none of which made the measured 1 1/8". The quality is just terrible and the company doesn't stand by their product. I had to nearly destroy the targets to get the broadheads out so I could have bought Iron Will heads at this cost. Hell Bishop.

The original ones (they just came out with a stainless) were MIM (metal injected molded) heads, unhardened and were made of 1060 carbon steel. A very cheap MIM steel. Honestly, they worked great until they didn't. Some heads seemed indestructible.. And some couldn't even be shot into a target.

They promised to make it up to me and send some Nexxus Components. After 5 months and many many reminders, them giving excuses they still haven't shown up. I'd avoid this company like the plague. They are made in China using substandard quality. I'd put them about 10% higher quality than the DeePower heads.

There are so many more reputable companies out there I see no reason to support this outfit. The new ones might be better but "Failure is Definitely an Option"

OP
B

Bump79

WKR
I may have spoke too soon. They contacted me and there has been a transfer of ownership of OzCut with the new heads. My position remains the same for the previous models.

OP
B

Bump79

WKR
Update: I just received 2 packs of replacement heads (finally). These are made of a hardened stainless now vs a 1068 MIM Cast steel. The finish seems better, maybe slightly harder in sharpening but they still have the same great design. I don't really concern myself with edge retention that much but I expect these to be better based on how they are to sharpen. I am worried about durability & toughness.

To be determined.

Last edited:
My experience with them was when they first started. The single bevel 3 blade idea sounded awesome as did their double bevel heads that were supposed to be able to be disassembled. The single bevels were sharp, but they couldn't explain how to maintain the edge on them and they wouldn't even talk to me about the junk hex screws that held the double bevels on the ferrule. I sincerely hope the new ownership is better at running a business but it's going to take a long time for me to consider them again.

OP
B

Bump79

WKR
My experience with them was when they first started. The single bevel 3 blade idea sounded awesome as did their double bevel heads that were supposed to be able to be disassembled. The single bevels were sharp, but they couldn't explain how to maintain the edge on them and they wouldn't even talk to me about the junk hex screws that held the double bevels on the ferrule. I sincerely hope the new ownership is better at running a business but it's going to take a long time for me to consider them again.
The new steel seems to be much better than the old thus far. I really want to not love these 100 grain OzCut 3b.. but they fly so damn good and are quiet as well.

OP
B

Bump79

WKR
I got confirmation that the new OzCut heads are made from a solid piece of 420 steel CNC machined and heat treated to 48 rockwell. So a better still overall- not premium but pretty good.