OV Bino Harness Strap Discomfort

I’ve been using the OV harness for the last 4ish years. It’s damn near perfect, I like the minimal design and don’t like a ton of extra junk/straps/etc. My only gripe is after 6-8 hours wearing the harness and my backpack, the bino harness straps tend to push down into my traps and neck from the pressure of my backpack straps and it’s uncomfortable. Anyone have this issue and have some creative fixes? Alternatively if I can’t change how the straps sit on my body, is the Marsupial Gear Harness any different?

WKR
I have the marsupial gear harness and had the same issue. I put clips on all my backpack straps so I could clip my bino harness right to whatever pack I'm wearing and not have two sets of straps over my shoulders.

OP
Rusty Shackelford
That’s not a bad idea. My one caveat is I drop my pack often, and don’t like taking off my bino harness if I do that or jump in the truck. Maybe I can find a way around it, thanks for the tip.

rm06

WKR
The straps are too narrow on the OV, I had the same struggles. And finding aftermarket 3/4" buckles / hardware isn't as easy as you'd imagine. Seeing all the advancements in bino harnesses has been pretty awesome, I don't see the point in continuing on the pain train if it isn't working out. I went Marsupial.

I am a gear whore tho, YMMV

I’ve been using the OV harness for the last 4ish years. It’s damn near perfect, I like the minimal design and don’t like a ton of extra junk/straps/etc. My only gripe is after 6-8 hours wearing the harness and my backpack, the bino harness straps tend to push down into my traps and neck from the pressure of my backpack straps and it’s uncomfortable. Anyone have this issue and have some creative fixes? Alternatively if I can’t change how the straps sit on my body, is the Marsupial Gear Harness any different?
I have found the OV to be one of the most comfortable, the marsupial was more uncomfortable on me, have you tried adjusting how your binos sit? Is it the actual weight of your binos you’re feeling?

I had a similar issue with the stone glacier harness, I could really feel the weight of the binos and couldn’t resolve it, almost like it was sagging but no adjustment fixed it… the OV has been my favorite all around, especially the gen 2 I’m currently using. The harness on the marsupial is higher profile and I feel it under a pack a lot more, both seem to handle the weight of binos well, but the OV is much more streamlined

Could it be you are wearing it too loose? Like loose enough the binos are sagging forward a little? That’s the only thing I can think of

OP
Rusty Shackelford
I’ve messed around with mine quite a bit and I like my harness pretty tight to my chest, don’t want it shifting around or loose at all. I only get the shoulder/neck pains when my pack is on also after a couple hours. And as soon as I remove or shift the bino harness strap the pain is gone, so I think it sits on that perfect irritating spot on my neck.

I’m about to pull the trigger on some Maven B.6 12x50s so I’ll probably buy a new Marsupial for them to ride in and test.