Outfitter recommendation

Jman1220

FNG
I am new to this forum, so sorry if this has already been asked. My brother-in-law and I are looking to do a sheep hunt in Alaska or Canada. We are hoping to do it in the next 1-2 years (availability permitting). I am trying to find an outfitter that also records the hunt experience. I tried Billy Mills, but he doesn’t have availability (not surprised as popular as he is now). Does anyone have any suggestions for someone they have used or heard about? Thanks in advance.

Cspraggins

Lil-Rokslider
just about any good outfitter is going to be 2-3 years out on offering a hunt unless a cancellation comes up. Most will record the hunt for a nominal additional fee. I know Henry Tiffany at alaska perimeter expeditions does this, and he hunts an exclusive guide use area in the brooks. Might reach out to him.

OP
J

Jman1220

FNG
Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll check him out and contact him for more information.

neilv

FNG
I could be wrong but don’t they operate out of 19c? Might be waiting 5 years at least if that’s the case.
I know they have a few different areas they hunt - they do have a cancellation or two each year from the sounds of things - but sounds like they book out 2-3 yrs in advanced from speaking with them at the hunt expo.

I know they have a few different areas they hunt - they do have a cancellation or two each year from the sounds of things - but sounds like they book out 2-3 yrs in advanced from speaking with them at the hunt expo.
He's trying to tell you that the unit DRO primarily hunts (19C) was entirely just down for sheep hunts by the Board of Game for a five year period. Just happened a few weeks ago.

Even if it hadn't been closed, the sheep population is depressed enough in that unit that it would be extremely hard to recommend any 19C outfitter in good faith.

That place is Tom Shanksters old outfit IIRC. An epic story about how he used to run things can be found here: https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/2014-alaska-moose.260920/

No thanks.

As per the OP's inquiry, I've only hunted with Jonah Stewart and have only good things to say about his operation. If you do a search on this forum there are plenty of past threads regarding various outfitters. That said, if you can get a hunt in the next year or 2, I'd do some deep digging to find out why they aren't booked out already before committing.

Reactions: OMB
I am new to this forum, so sorry if this has already been asked. My brother-in-law and I are looking to do a sheep hunt in Alaska or Canada. We are hoping to do it in the next 1-2 years (availability permitting). I am trying to find an outfitter that also records the hunt experience. I tried Billy Mills, but he doesn’t have availability (not surprised as popular as he is now). Does anyone have any suggestions for someone they have used or heard about? Thanks in advance.
Check out Shane pallister he has a video on youtube "39 day sheep hunt." he hunts Canada , guides also in alaska other parts of the states and also guides in mexico for deserts. If your interested pm and ill forward his info.