Outdoorsmans Tripod carbon fiber option

Dsnow9

FNG
Nope… save less than a lb compared to the og. I love my outdoorsmans tripod and heads. Would not give them up but $800 more than the og to shave a lb is ridiculous. Count me as one of those that won’t be getting rid of my original. Ps I have two of them and still can’t warrant buying the carbon fiber one. The feet are not ideal and you’re going to have to pay to get upgraded feet.

As I said, I love my outdoorsmans tripod, heads, bino mount and will speak their praises every day.

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly so glad I bought the slick 734 last year. I sold my og outdoorsman and used the excess to money to buy a slick and put the money towards a set of 12x50 el. Prices have gone insane these days.

OP
snowymtnwolf
I’m waiting to see what All the “add-ons” are and accessories they are talking about.

I figured the weight savings would be substantial.

I only use the standard size and that weight savings isn’t gigantic.

Guess the jury is still out on whether I pull trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brn2hnt

WKR
I’m waiting to see what All the “add-ons” are and accessories they are talking about.

I figured the weight savings would be substantial.

I only use the standard size and that weight savings isn’t gigantic.

Guess the jury is still out on whether I pull trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Five ounces is just silly.

churious

FNG
Anyone get their hands on one yet? I have the aluminum version but I never used it because it got so damn cold to hold onto with bare hands so I always used my SLIK.

More $$ than a RRS and don’t even give you a weight rating. I like outdoorsman stuff and just placed an order this morning for an NL stud and some other gadgets, but no way would I buy that tripod over a TFC-14 MK2.

bayangler

FNG
Anyone get their hands on one yet? I have the aluminum version but I never used it because it got so damn cold to hold onto with bare hands so I always used my SLIK.
If you wrap the top tube of your outdoorsman with vet tape, it will make it easier on your hands when it’s cold. I tried the neoprene covers first but they slide around too much. Regular athletic tape works too but leaves a pretty big mess if you ever take it off.

churious

FNG
If you wrap the top tube of your outdoorsman with vet tape, it will make it easier on your hands when it’s cold. I tried the neoprene covers first but they slide around too much. Regular athletic tape works too but leaves a pretty big mess if you ever take it off.
Agreed on the covers. I was going to wrap it in a tape but hate dealing with the goo!