Outdoor vitals

RhinoKel

FNG
Has anyone else here had good luck with Outdoor Vitals? I have 3 pairs of their Satu adventure pants and one Dragonwool hoodie for 2+ years now and they have become my favourite outdoor and ever everyday wear items. Super light and comfortable, and quick drying. Not sure how they stack up price wise to a lot of the technical hunting clothes out there but I’m guessing you’d be able to get them for a touch less.

I don’t but have had my eyes on those pants. If they were $30 cheaper, I probably would have bit by now.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have their sun hoodie, struggling to find a place for it. @mtwarden has or is reviewing some of their stuff.

I’ve tested and reviewed 4 of their jackets (Ventus, Vario, Nova Pro, and the UL).

All solid pieces from a quality standpoint. The Ventus is advertised as an active piece, but I didn’t find it to breathe well while active.

Solid pieces otherwise. CS was great when I interacted with them as well.

Last edited:

Drenalin

WKR
I really like their Loftek jacket and use it casually, camping, hiking, hunting, etc. Big fan of that jacket. They also run pretty regular sales so no reason to pay full price.

OP
RhinoKel

RhinoKel

FNG
I don’t but have had my eyes on those pants. If they were $30 cheaper, I probably would have bit by now.
Yeah I got it on the kickstarter so it was a hell of a lot cheaper. Postage from the US to Aus was more palatable then too. Considering how often I wear them though I can't say it wouldn't be worth it to buy more of them.
I have the Ventus mid-layer; review should be up soon
I'll be looking forward to that. I have not worn any of their tops other than the dragonwool hodie (which I would reccomentd), but I'm keen to see how their other stuff goes.
I really like their Loftek jacket and use it casually, camping, hiking, hunting, etc. Big fan of that jacket. They also run pretty regular sales so no reason to pay full price.
Ishould probbly sign up to their mailing list then!
I’ve tested and reviewed 4 of their jackets (Ventus, Vario, Nova Pro, and the UL).

All solid pieces from a quality standpoint. The Ventus is advertised as an active piece, but I didn’t find it to breathe well while active.

Solid pieces otherwise. CS was great when I interacted with them as well.
Where can I find your reviews mate? Keen to read them.

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
I have the loftec adventure jacket as well and love it. It is a pretty light weight synthetic puffy. It’s been a great mid layer when the full puffy is just to warm.

Love the Satu pants… only this I wish is that they had silicinone on inside of waistline to help keep pants up, but they have an internal belt that’s nice too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the Satu pants… only this I wish is that they had silicinone on inside of waistline to help keep pants up, but they have an internal belt that’s nice too

I ended up buying a pair. They seem well made. Cut a bit high in the crotch.

They seem a bit warm (even with vents open) compared to Ferrosi, Wrangler, and Prana but also more durable. Should be fine for September archery or fall deer hunting, but I probably won’t wear them on many training hunts in Missouri summer heat/humidity.

OP
RhinoKel

RhinoKel

FNG
I ended up buying a pair. They seem well made. Cut a bit high in the crotch.

They seem a bit warm (even with vents open) compared to Ferrosi, Wrangler, and Prana but also more durable. Should be fine for September archery or fall deer hunting, but I probably won’t wear them on many training hunts in Missouri summer heat/humidity.

Yeah some extra friction there inside the waitbelt would help but I think the integral belt makes up for it, especially when youre out bush and you might lose some weight.

I've hunted in mine a fair few times and they hold up great. I've had to slide down some scree and rocks a few times and havent even seen any wear on the backside from it. The surface of mine is slightly more 'fuzzy' than when I first bought them but not to the point I would call them worn. I'm also much more likely to wear these than some of my 'tougher' military style pants these days as they dry out so quickly. My old cam pants will still be wet in the morning but these are usually completely dry unless I've been caught in a downpour.