Outdoor research cold front puffy jacket

Lowg08

WKR
Does anyone have any experience with this jacket. I’m looking for a down jacket that is not as bulky as the chamberlain just too big. I’m wanting to have a a down jacket that goes under my hard shell. I have the brooks down but I have a Sitka midi to go with it but I’d like to lose a layer

pawlyb

FNG
Might be too late to reply to your post but I do. First of all it goes on great sales. It's pretty warm, definitely can handle freezing temps. But it's 700 fill down, so not the most packable compared to some of the more expensive jackets. about 19 oz so quite hefty. Also no sinch around neck/hood or anything fancy. However the pockets and comfy and the jacket is quite nice. I would recommend it but definitely wait for a sale

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
No worries. I have went a whole new direction. Suffered a broken leg so. Not going so far for awhile

Macchina

Lil-Rokslider
To anyone else reading this, I got one as well last year on a great sale. It’s a quality jacket. I’d put it between a n Eddie Bower and Sitka as far as puffys go.

Kept me warm on a 20 degree day with a merino base layer and Furnace 1/4 zip underneath.

It’s definitely a great jacket to wear but less great to pack. The pockets are micro fleece and the zippers super high quality.

I love a medium quality puffy as I tend to rip them fairly often so I find I don’t wear my Sitka puffys as often as I should if I’m going to be around briars and brambles.