WA Resident out of state hunting partner.

Kyle C

Lil-Rokslider
Wife is getting tired of me hunting alone, especially out of state. Looking for someone around the western Washington area that also travels out of state often for hunting.

I apply in all applicable states and have a good amount of points for many. Been successful over the last 9 years and haven't ate a tag since last year when I fell for a wyoming trap tag, but managed to fill my Oregon one.

I'm 34 and hunt harder then most I've had experience with. I like to stay out all day most the time in the elk woods and no issues doing 10+ mile days. Packed many of my own bulls out solo so understand fully the suck of heavy packs, but embrace it at the sametime. No limits on time off and typically take the month of September off. Hopefully a few roksliders are in a similar fashion that have there own gear, are successful in the past, and can get the time off to travel out of state.

Shoot me a pm if interested and let's chat. I frequent the tacoma sportsman club and am steelhead fishing hard this time of year.

Last edited:

7mm-08

WKR
When my wife put down her foot about me hunting alone, I compromised with an inreach subscription and a set contact schedule. I find hunting alone very calming and liberating. I wish you the best of luck in finding a good hunting partner who is on the same sheet of music as you. That effort was a years long quest of mine. My adult son and another guy I hunt with are likely the only two poor fools in this world who can handle hunting with me. Good hunting partners are to be cherished and nurtured. Good luck with your search.

Agree with 7mm-08, my main hunting pardner for those type of hunts I have known since we were 17 years old. Marine Corps built careers and now both retired. My deer hunting pardner passed away about 5 years ago (my dad) but there's a bit of difference hunting eastern white tails and hunting the big mountains out west.

lonedave

WKR
I’ve had the same thing crop up 3 times now. The first was when my wife met me on the road with our then 2 and 4 year old daughters as I was headed home from steelhead fishing all night (they’re 38 and 35 now). It put a real damper on the fishing and hunting time for a while! Then in 2012 my wife insisted I finally get a cell phone. That helped for a few years, but two years ago I got a Garmin mini as others have suggested….get one! I’m 65 now and still haven’t really ever found a hunting partner like you’re looking for other than my Dad. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had several good hunting partners that I’ve enjoyed lots of good times with over the years, but in the end, I always end up with a more successful trip when I’m alone.

OP
Kyle C

Kyle C

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had the same thing crop up 3 times now. The first was when my wife met me on the road with our then 2 and 4 year old daughters as I was headed home from steelhead fishing all night (they’re 38 and 35 now). It put a real damper on the fishing and hunting time for a while! Then in 2012 my wife insisted I finally get a cell phone. That helped for a few years, but two years ago I got a Garmin mini as others have suggested….get one! I’m 65 now and still haven’t really ever found a hunting partner like you’re looking for other than my Dad. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had several good hunting partners that I’ve enjoyed lots of good times with over the years, but in the end, I always end up with a more successful trip when I’m alone.
Yeah I already got the Inreach mini and definitely a good investment for anybody. Crazy how much I use it fishing, and other activities as well.