OTC Honey Holes

elk hunting honey holes in OTC areas is more of a matter of finding where the hunting pressure is light than anything else.

Laramie

WKR
I have a few areas that have produced consistently for our camp over the last 25 years. We found them for various reasons but mainly just luck and time spent. The best advice I saw given in the thread is to do your best to understand why elk are using a specific area and then to look for other areas that offer similar features. In my opinion, an elk hunter needs Plans A-Z to be consistently successful. Don't waste time where they are not.

OTC elk honey hole in colorado is suuuuper easy to find . First you find the outfitter - then you see where they park and just scout them … you won’t regret it but they also might not like it 🤷‍♂️ public land they say !

Overdrive

WKR
I've been hunting areas that my great grandpa hunted back in the 40's, been hunting them 30+ years, I still remember back in the 80's tagging along as a kid with my dad and grandpa and how popular the area was back then. Now very few hunt the area besides road hunters.

I've found a couple of good areas, and even exact spots, from social media posts. People are too desperate for attention and validation to realize how much is given away by the details in the background.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk